Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Re-setting tach hours

Hello,

My hour meter on my tach is showing 178654 hrs .. I actually did not put this many on the boat, it just went crazy last summer. Is there a way to reset this? I don't really want to spend another $100 for a new tach to fix this.

Not that I know of, wouldn't be a great system if you could reset the hours easily. Your ECM will have the true run hours on it when it comes time to sell the boat.

-Chris

Hello,

My hour meter on my tach is showing 178654 hrs .. I actually did not put this many on the boat, it just went crazy last summer. Is there a way to reset this? I don't really want to spend another $100 for a new tach to fix this.

25522 hours of riding per year. now thats something to be proud of!!! i only get 100 hrs per season

Not that I know of, wouldn't be a great system if you could reset the hours easily. Your ECM will have the true run hours on it when it comes time to sell the boat.

-Chris

On the other hand It's not a great system if it's not recording them properly either!

25522 hours of riding per year. now thats something to be proud of!!! i only get 100 hrs per season

It's also 291% of his time! Talk about Giving it your ALL :clap:

I hope you changed the oil every 50 :)

Well when I work out the gallons per hour, all I can say is the fuel economy on these things is awsome! Who said a V8 running 4500+ rpms is hard on fuel?

Our family gets about 200-220 hours of riding per season. (memorial weekend until september)

:clap:

The beauty of the problem is...the hours are SSSOOO absurd, it's obvious they're wrong. There's no question. And you can get the true hours from the ECM. Any buyer that is interested sometime in the future will have no problem with your explanation...I think.