Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Will Pro X Tube Sac 62x16x10 fit under seat in LSV?

WhoaNellie

I don't have immediate access to my boat. Will the 62x16x10 Tube Sac fit under the port side seats between the V-drive locker and the divider in a 2009 23 LSV?

I know that 06VLX had to remove the divider and build in another support for his custom sac, but I don't know the measurement from the divider back to the front of the locker.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Whoa

Edited by WhoaNellie

I don't have immediate access to my boat. Will the 62x16x10 Tube Sac fit under the port side seats between the V-drive locker and the divider in a 2009 23 LSV?

I know that 06VLX had to remove the divider and build in another support for his custom sac, but I don't know the measurement from the divider back to the front of the locker.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Whoa

Yes that sac fits without removing the divider, I removed my divider because my custom sac is much longer than the sac you're talking about. You can fit a 750 in the rear locker and the 62x16x10 right in front of it and it will stop right before the devider, it fits perfectly. I ran that setup before my custom sac was made.

Edited by 06vlx

Thanks 06vlx!

Looks like I need to add the tube sac to my ballast order.

I currently have the 750 in the rear locker tied in to the factory tank.

Current surf setup:

Factory ballast: front, center and surf side

750 in rear locker

Power Wedge: deployed and up a couple of clicks

My plan was to add one v-drive sac on the seat on the surf side (or partially filled under the seat) and the other v-drive sac in the bow on the surf side. Maybe adding the tube sac will help even more and keep the ballast hidden except for the sac in the bow.

Proposed:

750 in rear locker

Tube sac under the seat

v-drive sac in bow on surf side

v-drive sac on seat above the tube sac

Thoughts with and without the tube sac?

Thanks 06vlx!

Looks like I need to add the tube sac to my ballast order.

I currently have the 750 in the rear locker tied in to the factory tank.

Current surf setup:

750 in rear locker

Power Wedge: deployed and up a couple of clicks

My plan was to add one v-drive sac on the seat on the surf side (or partially filled under the seat) and the other v-drive sac in the bow on the surf side. Maybe adding the tube sac will help even more and keep the ballast hidden except for the sac in the bow.

Proposed:

750 in rear locker

Tube sac under the seat

v-drive sac in bow on surf side

v-drive sac on seat above the tube sac

Thoughts with and without the tube sac?

I'd do the tube sac, it will help out. Here's how I ran mine before the new sac.

750 rear locker

All MLS full accept non surf side

400 tube sac under seat touching from of the 750

400 v-drive sack ontop of seat back as far as you can get it

400 v-drive sac ontop of the seat as far forward as you can get it

Wedge all the way down

speed 11.2-12 mph

I never added additional weight in bow. If you have the Monsoon engine it's about 200# heavier than the HH so that helps a little.

I'd do the tube sac, it will help out. Here's how I ran mine before the new sac.

750 rear locker

All MLS full accept non surf side

400 tube sac under seat touching from of the 750

400 v-drive sack ontop of seat back as far as you can get it

400 v-drive sac ontop of the seat as far forward as you can get it

Wedge all the way down

speed 11.2-12 mph

I never added additional weight in bow. If you have the Monsoon engine it's about 200# heavier than the HH so that helps a little.

Interesting, how far back could you ride? Your speed looks higher than most..?? Is that to compensate for no bow weight?

Interesting, how far back could you ride? Your speed looks higher than most..?? Is that to compensate for no bow weight?

Going faster definitely provides a little length to the wave, mostly I just like to ride that fast. The boards I ride are pretty fast so it works. On our 09 23 lsv demo we ran up to 14 mph and still easily stayed in the wave. We can ride about 15' back on average on my setup.

Going faster definitely provides a little length to the wave, mostly I just like to ride that fast. The boards I ride are pretty fast so it works. On our 09 23 lsv demo we ran up to 14 mph and still easily stayed in the wave. We can ride about 15' back on average on my setup.

Good to know, thanks. Hopefully I'll be playing around with my set up in the next couple of weeks. :thumbup:

Sorry for the hi-jack but I think the op's question was answered.

Good to know, thanks. Hopefully I'll be playing around with my set up in the next couple of weeks. :thumbup:

Sorry for the hi-jack but I think the op's question was answered.

No hijack. I'm still trying to figure out my setup, so the more discussion, the better. :surfing: