Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Favor from Malibu Crew Member in Boston Area

EchelonMike

Congrats on the new boat. Thanks for posting replies throughout the buying process... it was informative.

All:

One last thing I forgot before I let this thread fade into the sunset. I used uShip.com to find a transporter for the new Bu. I found the website very easy to use, and I received a ton of "action" on my request for bid. Ended up hiring a guy who was coming west from NH, and I could not have rented a truck and paid for gas for what he charged me. He had his commercial DL, a 2009 Dodge dually, made sure everything was securely stowed inside, and did a great job. I highly recommend uShip if you need a boat transported. They have eBay-like feedback so you can feel confident you get what you pay for. FYI, the driver asked me for a 50% deposit in advanace, which I declined. After all, he had my boat. I would not pay in advance for shipping based on previous horror stories I've read.

OK, I'll shut up now. :-)

-- Mike

Glad to hear of the good outcome, Mike.

FWIW, it's the adults on this site that will do things like that that keep me on this site everyday. :werule:

Glad to hear of the good outcome, Mike.

FWIW, it's the adults on this site that will do things like that that keep me on this site everyday. :werule:

Hey, who you calling an adult!?!