Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Favor from Malibu Crew Member in Boston Area

EchelonMike

Hey Guys:

Well, I have my next Malibu boat lined up (23 XTI) and was trying to book a frequent flyer trip to the Boston area this weekend to see it in person. Pictures are great, but I am a fanatic and want to put my hands on it in person before handing over the check.

American is making it difficult on flights, unfortunately, so I was wondering if there is 'Crew member in the area who would be willing to make a run by the boat and give it a good walk-around and thumbs up for me.

If you would be willing to do this for me, please drop me a PM.

Thanks in advance,

-- Mike

Hey Mike,

I'm not sure I can get by it. A hedzup....were you able to confirm that it is a fresh water boat?? Groveland is close to the Merrimack River which is tidal/ brackish and empties into the Atlantic. But many peeps around here use their boats north of here in the lakes region. If you didn't think of it, this should be the first question to ask.

Feel free to PM me if more info needed. Possibly could sneak by Sun am (short notice, but will be travelling fairly close on the way to daughter's lax game). Could at least eyeball it for you.

Dave

Hey Mike,

I'm not sure I can get by it. A hedzup....were you able to confirm that it is a fresh water boat?? Groveland is close to the Merrimack River which is tidal/ brackish and empties into the Atlantic. But many peeps around here use their boats north of here in the lakes region. If you didn't think of it, this should be the first question to ask.

Feel free to PM me if more info needed. Possibly could sneak by Sun am (short notice, but will be travelling fairly close on the way to daughter's lax game). Could at least eyeball it for you.

Dave

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the heads up - yes, the owner says it is all freshwater used. He has another boat he uses in the salty stuff. It's an 02 and he's owned it since early 2003. A set of eyeballs from a Crew member would make me feel better about a potential buy sight unseen <tremble>.

Thanks,

-- Mike

Mike,

If it comes to you flying out here, a good alternative to Logan (Boston) is Manchester NH. You are inside of an hour drive to Groveland, and will make up much time w/ ease of getting in and out (also flights usually cheaper). Southwest has a lot of activity there.

I'll PM you my cell. Slight chance I may be able to swing by there today. Is this boat red and black 2005? I'll have to sell the clan on it, as they will be with me.

Dave

Mike,

If it comes to you flying out here, a good alternative to Logan (Boston) is Manchester NH. You are inside of an hour drive to Groveland, and will make up much time w/ ease of getting in and out (also flights usually cheaper). Southwest has a lot of activity there.

I'll PM you my cell. Slight chance I may be able to swing by there today. Is this boat red and black 2005? I'll have to sell the clan on it, as they will be with me.

Dave

Dave:

It's a black and tan 02 23 XTI that you can see on east coast's website.

Don't go out of your way to drag the family - very nice of you to offer but I don't want to put you guys out.

Great idea on Manchester...I am going to check that out now!

-- Mike

Hey Mike, I have a friend that lives in Haverhill (right next to Groveland) and has family in Groveland. He may be able to swing by and take a look at it. Shoot me a PM with the details of where it is and I'll see if I can arrange a drive-by.

Jay

By the way, my friend boats on that section of the Merrimack River all the time and has never seen the boat you're looking at out there, so you can feel confident he's telling you the truth about it not being used in the salt!

I am a bit of ride from Groveland but I might be able to go for a ride one day this week during the day. Nights are too busy and I am out of town this weekend. Let me know if you need me.

I am a bit of ride from Groveland but I might be able to go for a ride one day this week during the day. Nights are too busy and I am out of town this weekend. Let me know if you need me.

All, a huge, huge thanks to Adam (aka "asnowman" from the 'Crew forum) - he stopped by and checked the 23 XTI out for me this evening and it sounds like it's just what I am looking for! Needless to say, my kids are as excited as I am.

I've gotta say, the 'Crew members on this forum are the greatest! I received probably a half-dozen replies to my request for help from this forum, and I really appreciate what a great community we have here. Bu owners are truely the best in the biz. Thanks to everyone for your kind offers to help. Hopefully I can return the favor at some point from my perch here in the Cincinnati area!

So...I should have my new-to-me Wakesetter 23 XTI in my driveway in the next few weeks! Pics will be forthcoming once I get my hands on her, but here's a quick one from the ad:

01.jpg

-- Mike

Edited by EchelonMike

Mike,

Glad you got the affirmation you were after. If heading out this way, feel free to shoot any questions you may have about the area. I live right between your (new) boat and Manchester (NH) airport. Are you planning on having it shipped, or picking it up yourself?

The boat looks shweet on that picture you posted...much better shot then the ones on the ECF website. (It looks like the hull #'s are different?)

Edited by davemac

Mike,

Glad you got the affirmation you were after. If heading out this way, feel free to shoot any questions you may have about the area. I live right between your (new) boat and Manchester (NH) airport. Are you planning on having it shipped, or picking it up yourself?

The boat looks shweet on that picture you posted...much better shot then the ones on the ECF website. (It looks like the hull #'s are different?)

I am most likely going to have it shipped. My old Bu went to a new owner up in Maine, and the guy who delivered it has given me a pretty nice price for bringing the XTI to Ohio, as he makes east coast runs almost weekly, and usually comes back towards Ohio empty. Don't think I could rent a truck and pay for fuel for what he'll charge to get it here - and not burn up a weekend making the round trip.

-- Mike

Hey Mike - If you're ever looking for some additional ballast when you're heading out - let me know. I'm always willing to help weight a moving boat. :)

Also, if you get the desire for a small wake outing, let me know - we head up to Caesar's early some mornings to get some pulls before it gets crazy.

Hey Mike - If you're ever looking for some additional ballast when you're heading out - let me know. I'm always willing to help weight a moving boat. :)

Also, if you get the desire for a small wake outing, let me know - we head up to Caesar's early some mornings to get some pulls before it gets crazy.

LOL, we would like that! We can use your SLXi for some nice banzi slalom runs and then pile into the XTI to see if we can land that always elusive flip with the extra weight!

We go almost every Saturday AM at 6:30 down on the river, as long as there hasn't been any rains to mess up the water.

-- Mike

LOL, we would like that! We can use your SLXi for some nice banzi slalom runs and then pile into the XTI to see if we can land that always elusive flip with the extra weight!

We go almost every Saturday AM at 6:30 down on the river, as long as there hasn't been any rains to mess up the water.

-- Mike

All:

Well, the Malibu arrived in Cincy today. She was a little soggy and dirty from her MA to OH road trip, but no worse for wear. Spent the afternoon washing her down and vacuuming her out!

Very, very pleased. Beautiful boat with a ton of extras! Thanks again to everyone in the MA area who helped be my "virtual eyes" and give me great advice!

Here's a pic of her in the driveway this afternoon!

26500_1420773276517_1148239844_1238389_4617806_n.jpg

Have a great weekend!

-- Mike