Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VTX winshield removeal

Bawshogg

Any of you guys had the luxury of removing the newer style windshields with the chrome pillars? Looks like it's gonna be on of my upcoming projects and was just looking for any pointers, warnings, or issues you had in doing so. I have heard they are not bad, but I currently don't have the boat to look at, so was just trying to get a heads up. Thankya :thumbup:

Edited by Bawshogg

Mine is a 2007 and doesn't have the chrome pillars, so I can't comment on that. Nontheless, mine was easy to remove. Just pull out the rubber strip that hides the screw heads and remove screws. I used a cordless screw driver and it only took a few minutes. Re-install was almost as easy just reverse the process. Though I would hand tighten the screws the old fashioned way with a screw driver. Its too easy to accidently overtighen w/ a cordless screw driver.

Edited by shade

There are 2 screws on each windshield side. One in front and one in back. Then you have a glue / weather strip the length of the glass.

Be very careful, as it is now a long piece of glass, get a friend or 2 and you will be set. You are correct it is not difficult but it is at least a 2 person job 3 is better.

There are 2 screws on each windshield side. One in front and one in back. Then you have a glue / weather strip the length of the glass.

Be very careful, as it is now a long piece of glass, get a friend or 2 and you will be set. You are correct it is not difficult but it is at least a 2 person job 3 is better.

I removed both sides of mine by myself. Biggest thing to be aware of is the fact the the windshield actually slides into the rails that are attached to the boat with the weather stripping. Don't lift up the wind shield, slide it away towards the side. Hope this works for you.

Trent

Any of you guys had the luxury of removing the newer style windshields with the chrome pillars? Looks like it's gonna be on of my upcoming projects and was just looking for any pointers, warnings, or issues you had in doing so. I have heard they are not bad, but I currently don't have the boat to look at, so was just trying to get a heads up. Thankya :thumbup:

Easy project. Check this LINK <-click it

Thanks guys. Looks pretty simple. Now when it off, is it possible to transport it safely ? I was thinking about possible doin tint at the same time.