Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Spare Tire Mount

Last fall, towards the end of the boating season I managed to mangle my spare tire mount. I'm still not sure exactly how it happened without any other damage. I was towing the boat with my wife's Tahoe, which I usually don't do but we had a few extra people coming out that day so we needed more room. The Tahoe rides lower than the truck and so the trailer tongue sits closer to the ground while under way. I was getting off the freeway in a construction zone with uneven pavement and somehow the trailer tire struck the ground pretty hard. I didn't even notice anything happened until we pulled up to the dock to pre-launch. The tire ended up busting one of the bolts on the mount and wrapping the tire mount all the way around. First thing I thought was it had to have damaged both the boat and spare. Not a scratch on either. I still have no clue how the bracket was mangled so badly without any other damage. Guess I'm lucky.

Anyways, has anyone else ever had to find a tire mount for the extreme trailer? It's got a 2" x 5" arm to mount on. The only brackets I can find that will fit run close to 100 bucks. Seems a little pricey for a spare tire mount. Anyone have one or know where to get one? A direct replacement will do fine.

Last fall, towards the end of the boating season I managed to mangle my spare tire mount. I'm still not sure exactly how it happened without any other damage. I was towing the boat with my wife's Tahoe, which I usually don't do but we had a few extra people coming out that day so we needed more room. The Tahoe rides lower than the truck and so the trailer tongue sits closer to the ground while under way. I was getting off the freeway in a construction zone with uneven pavement and somehow the trailer tire struck the ground pretty hard. I didn't even notice anything happened until we pulled up to the dock to pre-launch. The tire ended up busting one of the bolts on the mount and wrapping the tire mount all the way around. First thing I thought was it had to have damaged both the boat and spare. Not a scratch on either. I still have no clue how the bracket was mangled so badly without any other damage. Guess I'm lucky.

Anyways, has anyone else ever had to find a tire mount for the extreme trailer? It's got a 2" x 5" arm to mount on. The only brackets I can find that will fit run close to 100 bucks. Seems a little pricey for a spare tire mount. Anyone have one or know where to get one? A direct replacement will do fine.

If you pay postage both ways - send me your old one, I have steel at the shop, I can fab another. I just raised mine about 3" to avoid what you already encountered.

If you pay postage both ways - send me your old one, I have steel at the shop, I can fab another. I just raised mine about 3" to avoid what you already encountered.

Wow, that's a generous offer :thumbup: !!

I might be up for that. I've got a friend that might be able to do something similar for me. He wants to take a look at it first. If he can't figure something out I'll take you up on your offer. What part of the country are you in? Would give me a good idea of shipping cost.