Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

getting PP

madtown sportsster

I am looking to get Perfect pass or something (older boat so no zero-off) for a 1998 sportster. I cant seem to be as perfect as my girlfriend needs to practice trick. The boat does not have any speed control on it now. I was wondering if there was a recommendation? I am new to this site and the water skiing world, but I love it. Some form of speed control for a 3 event skier would make much less tension while driving.

If I was not going to spend that much money is there another way to get speed control? or is Perfect pass star gazer the only way to go ?

I think ours is called Wakeboard Pro - its a dumbed down version of Perfect Pass. Its been a few years since we had it installed but I'm thinking maybe $750 installed.

I think ours is called Wakeboard Pro - its a dumbed down version of Perfect Pass. Its been a few years since we had it installed but I'm thinking maybe $750 installed.

I think you are talking about the RPM based PerfectPass Cruise, it about 1/2 the price of the Star Gazer. http://perfectpass.com/pp_cruise.html

I don't think it would work well for turns, but for general water sports it may work. I was thinking about putting this in the older ski boat, but went with the Star Gazer Wake Edition when I bought the Wakesetter.

BTW-Good to see another Madison area Malibu owner here!