Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I need a new cover.

wakaholic2

Do a "search" for Evolution Covers. You will find a ridiculous # of positive posts for Cory and his work. A bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. That will overwhelmingly be the choice of the people here.

Anyone no where I can get a good cover for my BU?

I know where you can get the BEST cover for your Bu. Cory at Evolutioncovers.com is they guy you want to see.

Cory makes great covers no question about it, I've got the OEM cover from Malibu and preforms great! Tows better than the evolutions do and also has a place to prop up the cover (where the table inserts) to keep rain from pooling. Either work great and certainly better than nothing.

Cory makes great covers no question about it, I've got the OEM cover from Malibu and preforms great! Tows better than the evolutions do and also has a place to prop up the cover (where the table inserts) to keep rain from pooling. Either work great and certainly better than nothing.

What makes it a better towing cover? I'd have to question a cover than needs a support in the middle of it for it to not pool water. Mine doesn't pool water and tows great as well, no rubbing and tight as a glove.

Edited by 06vlx
martinarcher

What makes it a better towing cover? I'd have to question a cover than needs a support in the middle of it for it to not pool water. Mine doesn't pool water and tows great as well, no rubbing and tight as a glove.

Couldn't agree more!

I’ve driven alongside another crew member that has an Evolution cover. First mine was more snug to the hull, less movement in the material w/ the exhaust vents and simpler to install with the connections. I prefer the full transom coverage as well. The pole is only used when the boat is stored or when we are at the lake and it rains, I’ve personally witnessed water collecting on the Evolution cover. The Evolution does use much thicker material and perhaps would over time last longer due to more material to break down as opposed to the OEM Malibu one. Just my observations and conclusions based upon what I've come across YMMV.

I've seen water pool up on the Evolution/Rankin covers too...... If it's not strapped in the back & hooked on the sides tight. Wet snow can cause it no matter how tight it is too.

Also the angle of the boat where it's parked can effect it.

This time of year I have a big inflated inner tube on the floor supporting the cover a bit. Not really pushing it up, but in case it snows on it. Rain water doesn't pool up if I have it all tightened down right.

My original cover works okay but water ocassionally pools towards the back (behind and on either side of the center pole)after a heavy rain. It is stored in a covered wet slip on a lift, but the rain can blow under depending on wind direction. The cover I have does not extend over the swim platform, but I have seen other Malibus in the marina with ones that do cover the swim platform. Do they still make these? How can I get one that does cover the swim platform?

The cover I have does not extend over the swim platform, but I have seen other Malibus in the marina with ones that do cover the swim platform. Do they still make these? How can I get one that does cover the swim platform?

Be aware that those are not mooring covers. They are about impossible to get on if your in a slip & don't have really good access to the swimstep from the dock. Plus the cover being so close to the water will wick water up the cover & cause the cover & swimstep to get funky.

If your on a lift, & have access to the back from the dock, they can be a good option.

WOW! Those are expensive.

My cousins took their '01 Sunsetter to a local Awning and Canvas shop and they made a custom cover for them from Sunbrella material that comes down lower over the sides, covering the colored gel-coat and even covers the swim platform. I think they only paid about 400. We don't tow with covers on, so that does not even factor in.

EDIT: The nice thing about the Sunbrella material that was used for their cover. There's no water repellant treatment needed. i.e. 303 spray.

Edited by areamike

WOW! Those are expensive.

My cousins took their '01 Sunsetter to a local Awning and Canvas shop and they made a custom cover for them from Sunbrella material that comes down lower over the sides, covering the colored gel-coat and even covers the swim platform. I think they only paid about 400. We don't tow with covers on, so that does not even factor in.

EDIT: The nice thing about the Sunbrella material that was used for their cover. There's no water repellant treatment needed. i.e. 303 spray.

I owned one of those $400 Sunbrella covers on my MC. It did the job. But suffice it to say that they are not even close to the same as the Evolution/Rankin type cover. You definitely get what you pay for.

I owned one of those $400 Sunbrella covers on my MC. It did the job. But suffice it to say that they are not even close to the same as the Evolution/Rankin type cover. You definitely get what you pay for.

Duly noted. I'll keep that in mind if/when I need a new cover. :)

Anyone no where I can get a good cover for my BU?

If you are going to use Evolution Covers, and want a black cover let me know. I have three people who want to order and if you have 4 or more, you get a discount. Sorry, I'm coming over from the Centurion Crew forum...need one more person.

:surfing:

A Centurion owner on the Crew site..Call out the lynch mob! Grab your torches! :Tease3:

j/k

Anything to help a fellow boater save a buck is alright by me! :thumbup:

Pretty much the same reaction CenturionCrew gave me. :sw3:

A Centurion owner on the Crew site..Call out the lynch mob! Grab your torches! :Tease3:

j/k

Anything to help a fellow boater save a buck is alright by me! :thumbup:

At least he didn't come over from the Bayliner crew! :biggrin: