Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where to buy transom lights??

Guys,

Been reading about the transom lights and now need to have them. I don't use the boat much at night so don't want to spend more than $200 can I get a decent pair for that price and where can I buy them??

Thanks

I put a set of the X600's on my old Nautique, and they did the job well. They are a little over your budget, so not sure if they are what you are looking for.

http://www.bulletlines.com/underwater-boat-lights-s/5.htm

Bakes also sells a few different sets, but these are as close to your budget as you'll get through them.

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=828

Great price !!!! Would love to get some feedback on these. How many would be needed 2 or 3?

I think I remember someone saying that blue does not carry well under water, might be something to look into.

I read something about that as well but if I remember correctly it was red that didn't carry well. I've seen some blue LED's before and they look great. This price is almost too good to pass up.

I read something about that as well but if I remember correctly it was red that didn't carry well. I've seen some blue LED's before and they look great. This price is almost too good to pass up.

Yeah, you're probably right. I wish superbrightleds.com made some for under water applications, have you guys seen their pricing!!??

All I can say is buy the best you can afford and the brighter the better. When you need to mount and drill holes through under the waterline, your only going to want to do it once.

I have blue LED's from Bullit and the 6 white LED's from Malibu. There some pic's in my gallery

I think I remember someone saying that blue does not carry well under water, might be something to look into.

Here are a few bad pic's of the blue X600's on my old Nautique. The boat was in a shallow cove with a muddy bottom, so this will give you an idea. They looked a lot better and shined further out in the middle of the lake. It depends on the water you are in on how well they will go through the water.

IMGP0157.jpg

IMGP0140.jpg