Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

INSTALLING TANTRUM LIGHTS

Hi, so i have just recieved my tantrum lights for my v-ride but now how to install them? I think i can take care of the wireing part, but the big question is how n where should i drill the holes?? This seems very scary!! :unsure: Has anyone done this job? maybe can send me in the right direction?? Or am I better off having the marina do the job?

thanks, hope to get some good feedback on this....

Hi, thanks for getting back to me so soon, yup that is it 100%!! they are so awsome at night time!!! i am just so scared to drill holes in boat, is this an easy job?

Hi, so i have just recieved my tantrum lights for my v-ride but now how to install them? I think i can take care of the wireing part, but the big question is how n where should i drill the holes?? This seems very scary!! :unsure: Has anyone done this job? maybe can send me in the right direction?? Or am I better off having the marina do the job?

thanks, hope to get some good feedback on this....

It's an easy install and assume you mean Transom lights. Check out this thread.

Drill the center hold 3/16"-1/4" your choice. Drill the screw holes 1/8". Fill holes completely with marine silicone and then put on the light like in the pictures. Be careful not to over tighten the screws as the light itself is plastic. It needs to be snug but not overly tight. Having plenty of silicone is important so you don't have a leak.

Edited by 06vlx

Hi, thanks for getting back to me so soon, yup that is it 100%!! they are so awsome at night time!!! i am just so scared to drill holes in boat, is this an easy job?

Like 06 said......

Yes, it's easy. 3 holes per light. Use plenty of silicon caulk on each hole.

There are some guys concerned with light placement in relation to the Wedge. So you might consider placing the lights out a bit so they shine past the Wedge when it's in the up position. But it's not quite as easy to get below the water line from inside the boat on the sides. So look carefully, measure twice, drill once.

Good luck & have fun with them.