Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurf Rack

KSilva

Hey Guys and Gals,

I have an 08 VLX and just got a wakesurf and now need a rack. I wanted to try to match the rack I have now, but not sure if its possible.

I called the dealer and for 200 bucks, they can sell me 2 forks that replace my old (2) wakeboard rack and convert it into a (1) surf and wakeboard rack.

Anyone know where I can get another one of these racks for a surf? Not sure if I am willing to dump one wakeboard for surf board.

Thanks.

0406001614.jpg

0406001613b.jpg

Edited by KSilva

I have exactly what you are in need of. Those are just titan racks. I am sure you will be able to find one. I would gives Bakes a call. They still have the Titan spinner racks on their site. You may have to buy a rack and then the forks seperately. Titan got bought out by Malibu recently, I would suspect they may support this stuff still, but no site or real info is available yet. Bakes may be able to help though.

Edited by Bawshogg

i had the same problem. i coudlnt find a titan rack with double surf forks. i ended up ordering a samson double surf rack from bakesonline. great quality build in rack but horrible polish job. im going to get it dipped in chrome so its a maintancem free. if you have any luck with titan, post it so i can get a matching set too!

The skim style fit into the wakeboard forks but if you like the surf style like Walker or the other foam boards you will need a different rack. I add the Dbot 5 surf rack into the upper location in both sides. The cool thing it that it holds 2 boards in each rack. I can carry 4 thick surfs and 4 skims / wakeboards at the same time for a variety of riders.

The Blue is almost as thick as my Walker I will try to get a photo of the set up when we are out this weekend. I will put a Blue in the rack so you can see what it will look like.

http://menacewatersports.com/

They are making the "Titan" racks, but under a different name since Malibu bought "Titan". They gave JimW and myself a great deal on surf/wake combo lowriders with liftoffs.

How much were the racks for a combo? I am interested in finding a combo rack.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys and Gals,

I have an 08 VLX and just got a wakesurf and now need a rack. I wanted to try to match the rack I have now, but not sure if its possible.

I called the dealer and for 200 bucks, they can sell me 2 forks that replace my old (2) wakeboard rack and convert it into a (1) surf and wakeboard rack.

Anyone know where I can get another one of these racks for a surf? Not sure if I am willing to dump one wakeboard for surf board.

Thanks.

0406001614.jpg

0406001613b.jpg

you can get that stuff from Star One Wake 916-858-1178

• 6 years later...
On 4/7/2010 at 1:23 AM, KSilva said:

Hey Guys and Gals,

Thanks.

0406001614.jpg

0406001613b.jpg

Hey man didn't know what you ever did about racks, curious I you had those forks pictured for sale? Looking for forks only I have swivel part but I need 1 set of OEM forks and can't seem to find them anywhere!

3 hours ago, Tclark said:

Hey man didn't know what you ever did about racks, curious I you had those forks pictured for sale? Looking for forks only I have swivel part but I need 1 set of OEM forks and can't seem to find them anywhere!

This thread is 6 years old but Star One is still your best bet for the OEM forks. I got a pair from them last year too.

• 1 year later...

Although this is an old post figured this would be a good place to ask since @KSilva and @C28 seem to have/had swivel racks on their boats. I am installing those same swivel racks on the Illusion X tower for a 2006. Mainly because it is a tight fit into my garage and I like to be able to get the rack out of the way. I have the rack already the big question is: SHOULD I GO ON THE UPPER HOLES OR LOWER HOLES??

Main points:

1-How easy do you think it will be to reach the upper racks? I wanted to go on the upper holes because that was the location where the previous racks were installed, which means the tower has marks there. I polished the powder coat and got rid of 80% of the scratches on the tower but was not able to clean up that area to the extent that I would like it to be without a rack. However, I will be installing a bimini later this year (possibly the one from bakes, which should match size of OEM) don't have it yet, and I am curious if swivel rack on upper slots will interfere with the bimini when rotated in. Bakes images show no interference between the racks without boards in them, but will boards hit the bimini if the racks are rotated in 90° or more to help grab a board from the rack for example.

I appreciate any feedback you can give me. I want to install the racks here soon but these are XS racks on a X tower which means getting nuts up into the tower all the way up there which will be a pain to install and then remove, if I then decide its not the right place for the racks.

One additional important note, My experience in the past is that the higher racks improve visibility back to see the rider when they cut out. So the only big negative I would see is if the swivel action interferes with the bimini. I think that it will be hard for my wife 5'3" to get the boards off without being able to swivel if the rack is in the higher position (second reason I looked to go with the swivel racks).