Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Slingshot 2010 Product Shoot

obski

The new Slingshot video was shot at LBC. I recognize those spots. I wonder when the video was shot? I noticed that they weren't wearing much neoprene. I wear the neo shirt in the morning there during the summer and would be in a drysuit this time of year. I also noticed that they were riding behind a MB Tomcat from AWS. Now that AWS has Malibu, MB left and went with the Mastercraft dealer.

Slingshot 2010 Video

Edited by obski

Those are Pros? I'm not a wake boarder but my brothers are and they doing tricks like that.

If they are killing it like the first rider they should be riding in comps.

If they are killing it like the first rider they should be riding in comps.

I'll have to go back and watch the first rider. I had to jump up and help one of the kids at the beginning of the video.

When did AWS drop the MB lineup? - I was down there a couple months back and they had MB, Supra, Malibu & Moomba - that's news to me - great vid - I'm a big fan of the SS line and ride on a response and they are a great board - that Tomcat also throws up a great wake which I face-planted a time or two...

Sullivan, this is a product shoot video, which means they're probably not busting their big tricks but rather big boosting stylie grabs and tweaks for still photos. I agree that if your brothers are throwing this stuff and landing it consistently, and want to pursue a career in this, they may want to enter some amateur comps for more exposure.

Massive spins don't look great in still photos. Just a thought.

When did AWS drop the MB lineup? - I was down there a couple months back and they had MB, Supra, Malibu & Moomba - that's news to me - great vid - I'm a big fan of the SS line and ride on a response and they are a great board - that Tomcat also throws up a great wake which I face-planted a time or two...

Lost it a month or so ago. MB is going to the Mastercraft dealer.

Ha, I sent that link to my brothers and my middle brother laughed at me and said I was over simplifying those tricks. (Pretty easy from my chair!) Apparently they aren't quite up to par with these guys.

Ha, I sent that link to my brothers and my middle brother laughed at me and said I was over simplifying those tricks. (Pretty easy from my chair!) Apparently they aren't quite up to par with these guys.

I'm sure they appreciated the support from brother though :biggrin:

I'm sure they appreciated the support from brother though :biggrin:

Yea, they were. Made me laugh, because I kept thinking about a bunch of guys telling stories. The truth is only as real as you remember it right?

Edited by Sullivan

Slingshot is the cats meow. I got on a recoil last season and really liked it.

Is the bottom totally smooth other than the four fins? No ridges or channels? I've been looking at that same board and really want to try one. That one and the new CWB Vibe for the same reasons.

I've been riding the Recoil for the past two years and have loved it. Last year I broke my Recoil and SS gave me a new one (through AWS) - great service. After that, I replaced my LF Watson boots with the SS D3 and now like the board and boots even more. Using the SS boots makes a difference in how the board flexes because they mount differently to the board.