Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Disappointed

lxirod

after having my new malibu rlxi pic deleted from the mastercraft site just becuase they felt i was promoting a bu product over mc , eventhough i only posted it to show what i replaced my 197 with, i am disappointed in the fact the nolcalbu's thread was deleted on this site. the whole story behind stewart vs norcalbu's sounded like some good clean fun competion, it seems to me that these boat fanatic sites are monitored and visited by childeish people .

the mc people seem to be good folks over there but there are some who believe that mc 's are be all end all. common its just a ski boat, get over yourselves. ive owned my share of boats brendella, mb, mc, and now malibu, there all good and i enjoy them for what they are meant to do. ski it and have fun. after all the nonsense i have encountered on team talk and as a new memebr here , i think i will stay clear of these brand specific sites. anyone want to ski and be realistic and run some bouys you know whre to find me.....

Rod - I'm an SLXI owner over at stillwater (lake 2) as well. there's a tremendous amount of knowledge sharing on the site and a good community. don't let the situation discussed on the other thread keep you away from the site...

Kevin

PS: you'll also find pretty strong acceptance of non-BU owners here (maybe a little good natured ribbing once in a while...). the site has the advantage of being run by a great team of independent mods so the manufacturers don't have any control of what's put on the site.

Edited by Addictedto6

I think this is a great example of why we don't need to talk religion on this site. Keep your religious beliefs to yourself, whatever they may be. This site is for boating topics and non-controversial off topic items. People think they can have a mature discussion about these things without ruffling any feathers, but it just never turns out that way. I've always liked this site better than all the others because it had mature overtones and no juvenile bragging, bickering, or fighting. Let's try to get back to that to that type of site.

I agree that talking religion gets people stirred up, but from what I saw most of the stirring was people going into off-topic threads, MARKED religious, and starting crap, or complaining about it. That's how I saw it anyway.

... i am disappointed in the fact the nolcalbu's thread was deleted on this site. the whole story behind stewart vs norcalbu's  sounded like some good clean fun competion, it seems to me that these boat fanatic sites are monitored and visited by childeish people .

Just a clarification - Near as I can tell, the thread has not been deleted. You can still see it. Rather, it was closed to prevent people from continuing to post in what was not a 'good clean fun competition' thread. It had become very personal between the two of them, and it had noplace to go but to degenerate even further. I for one agree with Andy in his decision to close it down. It simply has no place in this forum.

...after all the nonsense i have encountered on team talk and as a new memebr here , i think i will stay clear of these brand specific sites. anyone want to ski and be realistic and run some bouys you know whre to find me.....

I really hope you will reconsider your position on this. I have found this site to be an incredibly helpful, generally objective, and (almost) always good natured site. Please don't let this specific incident, or the 04wlsv situation deny you what has been such a great place to hang out. There really are some great people here.

... i am disappointed in the fact the nolcalbu's thread was deleted on this site. the whole story behind stewart vs norcalbu's   sounded like some good clean fun competion, it seems to me that these boat fanatic sites are monitored and visited by childeish people .

Just a clarification - Near as I can tell, the thread has not been deleted. You can still see it. Rather, it was closed to prevent people from continuing to post in what was not a 'good clean fun competition' thread. It had become very personal between the two of them, and it had noplace to go but to degenerate even further. I for one agree with Andy in his decision to close it down. It simply has no place in this forum.

...after all the nonsense i have encountered on team talk and as a new memebr here , i think i will stay clear of these brand specific sites. anyone want to ski and be realistic and run some bouys you know whre to find me.....

I really hope you will reconsider your position on this. I have found this site to be an incredibly helpful, generally objective, and (almost) always good natured site. Please don't let this specific incident, or the 04wlsv situation deny you what has been such a great place to hang out. There really are some great people here.

Absolutely. 99.9% of people here don't do this.

Yeah, because people on SkiFly and WakeWorld are so nice to each other... :)

Seriously, though, this is one thread that I think needed to be locked. I didn't even know about the thread until I saw this post because I stay away from the off-topic stuff, but I will say simply that nothing good could come of it.

It was not a "my boat vs. your boat" type of thing nor was it good natured ribbing in my opinion. It just seemed like an unfortunately personal sparring between two people and I think by leaving the thread open there was the possibility of it sucking more people into the mess.

Just my $.02.

Mike

I have quite purposely kept out of and not posted in either of the negative and childish threads that have been going on. I, like many people that participate on this site, have a very strong belief system. There is a time and a place for sharing those beliefs with respect.

That I believe is the key word: Respect. I have enjoyed this forum because of the great deal of maturity and respect for each other that is generally present. I applaud Michael for taking a step back to reflect, although the parting shots are going to need some further reflection. :( I look forward to continued positve interactions and bantering with respect for each other.

To the OP: I would suggest you try and stick around for awhile and you may find that you can learn something and share the enthusiasm we all share for our boating passion in an atmosphere of respect.

I came back this morning to offer my apologies to the community for the confrontational thread that I posted yesterday. I got home from a long tradeshow in Las Vegas and over-reacted to some comments made about me. A couple hours after posting, I received a phone call from a friend asking me to reconsider but when I went back to edit/delete the post it had been locked and I could not change it.

Stewart, I PM'd you an apology last night, let me say it publicly now. I was wrong in how I handled the whole situation. My sincere apologies, I am truly ashamed of my actions.

To the MalibuCrew as a whole, you also have my apologies. But please don't use Stewart and I bickering as a platform to launch attacks on Christians and/or religion as a topic. This was not about religion.

Tracie, you have a wonderful thing going here. Sorry for messing it up.

It makes me sad to leave but I must. Good-Bye for now. Michael.

I came back this morning to offer my apologies to the community for the confrontational thread that I posted yesterday.  I got home from a long tradeshow in Las Vegas and over-reacted to some comments made about me.  A couple hours after posting, I received a phone call from a friend asking me to reconsider but when I went back to edit/delete the post it had been locked and I could not change it.

Stewart, I PM'd you an apology last night, let me say it publicly now.  I was wrong in how I handled the whole situation.  My sincere apologies, I am truly ashamed of my actions.

To the MalibuCrew as a whole, you also have my apologies.  But please don't use Stewart and I bickering as a platform to launch attacks on Christians and/or religion as a topic.  This was not about religion.

Tracie, you have a wonderful thing going here.  Sorry for messing it up. 

It makes me sad to leave but I must.  Good-Bye for now.  Michael.

Hope you had a good time in Vegas Michael, and sorry I wasn't helping stiring the pot between you two. I really didn't realize it was like this, and thank you for turning it around. You are both great guys, and hope you two can kiss and make up. Biggrin.gif

Also totally agree that you should not be included in any religion attacks. You have been a vocal supporter, but not a "pusher"... I think there is a big difference.

Hope you don't go far, and we get you back soon!

It takes a huge amount of pride to admit when your wrong. I :salute: you.

I agree with Troy on all counts and hope you do stick around even if its just in the back ground. I know this had nothing to do with religion and I hope others see it that way too.

Yeah, because people on SkiFly and WakeWorld are so nice to each other... :)

... because I stay away from the off-topic stuff...

THERE IS THE KEY, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, STAY AWAY FROM IT...

... there was the possibility of it sucking more people into the mess...

??? because we are all in 3rd grade and can't avoid the vortex called disagreement?  Let's be real, we're adults...if you can't read stuff without getting offended or "sucked" into arguing then you are a WEAK person.  Uhmm yeahh

Mike

this was not directed at all to you MIKE, just so you know! (I am addressing the 'helpless' feelings people get when they read posts)

after having my new malibu rlxi pic deleted from the mastercraft site just becuase they felt i was promoting a bu product over mc , eventhough i only posted it to show what i replaced my 197 with, i am disappointed in the fact the nolcalbu's thread was deleted on this site. the whole story behind stewart vs norcalbu's  sounded like some good clean fun competion, it seems to me that these boat fanatic sites are monitored and visited by childeish people .

the mc people seem to be good folks over there but there are some who believe that mc 's are be all end all. common its just a ski boat, get over yourselves.  ive owned my share of boats brendella, mb, mc, and now malibu, there all good and i enjoy them for what they are meant to do. ski it and have fun. after all the nonsense i have encountered on team talk and as a new memebr here , i think i will stay clear of these brand specific sites. anyone want to ski and be realistic and run some bouys you know whre to find me.....

Sorry to hear that happened over on another forum site. We don't delete pics of other boat manufactures here or discussions that involve other makes. Very dedicated individuals run TMC furthermore, we also have a great wealth of knowledge and experienced members as well as new ones. The instance of discussions being deleted is the extreme exception not the rule and rarely happens.

I came back this morning to offer my apologies to the community for the confrontational thread that I posted yesterday.  I got home from a long tradeshow in Las Vegas and over-reacted to some comments made about me.  A couple hours after posting, I received a phone call from a friend asking me to reconsider but when I went back to edit/delete the post it had been locked and I could not change it.

Stewart, I PM'd you an apology last night, let me say it publicly now.  I was wrong in how I handled the whole situation.  My sincere apologies, I am truly ashamed of my actions.

To the MalibuCrew as a whole, you also have my apologies.  But please don't use Stewart and I bickering as a platform to launch attacks on Christians and/or religion as a topic.  This was not about religion.

Tracie, you have a wonderful thing going here.  Sorry for messing it up. 

It makes me sad to leave but I must.  Good-Bye for now.  Michael.

I've got to admit that I don't have a clue as to what's going on here, but wanted to comment that the above apology took courage to post. Michael, I don't know what you said or did, but you've owned up to your mistake in a manner that's rarely seen anywhere, especially online. You've made your apologies - perhaps the more difficult task would be to stay and back up your apology with your future conduct, rather than leave. Best of luck no matter what you decide.