Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dash Decals

topgun

I am restoring an 89 Malibu Skier. I need to replace the vinyl dash sticker that is Black/Grey/White gridded and has information on ski timings. Does anyone know where I can find one or know someone with photoshop skills to recreate the decal?

I'd take all the hardware off the piece and take it to your local vinyl sticker maker. That way they can make you an exact replica, or a custom one if you desire.

Maybe someone knows where to get an original, but I don't.

• 2 years later...

Reviving an old thread here.... Anybody know if that dash decal can be had from somewhere? My new (new for me) '89 malibu skier needs a new one.......

Thanks!

FWIW- I looked for a long time to find a replacement for my '88, probably two years looking on ebay, calling dealers etc... with no luck, finally this summer I ordered some 3M carbon fiber vinyl sheets on the internet- it's eveywhere- I think it was $50 or so and recovered the dash. I will try to post a pic Sunday when we get back, I love the look although you lose all the slalom info and labels for switches there are only 4 switches to deal with. I have seen switch labels for newer boats on ebay that you could use if needed-just an alternative.Also the place I ordered mine from had the sheets in black, gray, red, silver, and a few other colors.