Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

slammed boats

MARiley

wakeworld has had a couple threads going on loaded boats and the latest one shows mike schwenne's vlx, it's got a few extra lbs in it....................

mikeschwennesslammedvlx.jpg

• Like 2

That is about the most unsafe boat I have ever seen. Any wave will come over the bow and that boat will be sunk!! What a dork, this is someone who obviously never had to pay for his boat.

Edited by Malibudoc

Is there more to the story or is it just really loaded down?

I agree, it does not appear to be safe and I would assume the law would see it that way as well.

That is about the most unsafe boat I have ever seen.  Any wave will come over the bow and that boat will be sunk!!  What a dork, this is someone who obviously never had to pay for his boat.

yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. i'm sure it has happened already. i think it's possible he's on a deserted area or some closed course.

i'd like to ride behind it though! damn, talk about getting booted!

That is about the most unsafe boat I have ever seen.  Any wave will come over the bow and that boat will be sunk!!  What a dork, this is someone who obviously never had to pay for his boat.

yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. i'm sure it has happened already. i think it's possible he's on a deserted area or some closed course.

i'd like to ride behind it though! damn, talk about getting booted!

Just one I/O pulling a tube by him and he would be sunk.

He must have been slowing down in that picture, look at how much lower the front is then the back. That or he has his weight very unevenly distributed.

• Like 2
That's what I was going to say, the back isn't near as deep down. I think they snapped a photo right when he let off the gas.

I agree. We rode yesterday with the front and middle tanks full, two people in the bow, and another 400 lb sac in the walkway. When you let off the gas you had to be very careful because the boat would nose dive even if there weren't any rollers. You just had to pay close attention. I took a small wave over once but the rest of the time it was fine. Sometimes I'll empty the front tank if people decide to sit up there which helps.

I agree with everyone who says the nose is dipping extra low because the boat is currently stopping. It definitely looks like he is about to sink his boat but Iwould sure like to try out a pull before it sinks. Probably a 90 foot rope at 24-25 mph and the wake would be SWEET!!!!!

Where is the guy on the drivers side sitting? Is he holding on to the tower and kicking his feet into the water?

Hah, that's a good question. Didn't really notice till you pointed it out. Looks like he's sitting on the dash, very wierd.

Likewise, why in the world is the girl in front up on her knees on the gel-coat? I've never seen anyone do that.

Edited by Boomer

I don't see Mike in the boat so I must think he is at the end of the rope. It looks like Lake Mc Clure, which is where he operates his wakeboard school from his house boat. The curly haired kid is one of the instructers at his school. Mike has an excellent realationship with Mariposa county SO and the folks that run the lake, otherwise he wouldn't have his school there. Frankly I'm kinda shocked, all the time I have seen him at the lake he always adheres to very strict code of safety.

I know a guy who was there at the time. He said they were soo many people in the boat at the time that they couldn't get the boat to plane well. So they emptied the rear tanks and this picture was taken right before the driver turned around to pick Schwenne back up. The people are moving because the weight in the front was too much at the moment when the deceleration occured.

Can you guys ever throw in your 2¢ after you know the story? Dontknow.gif

Edited by J-Ro

I only count 5 people how is that to many that they need to empty the rear tanks? In an 01 VLX we have had 2000lbs+ and 14 people and it didn't have any problem planing...okay it had trouble :) ....but it still planned only took about a lot longer then usual.

slowing down or not, the boat is way too low and it seems unsafe when one of your friends comes by in his boat and sinks you. I am sure with the math skills that if you look at the coast guard plate, there is more wegiht with the people, ballast etc than is legal. His personal info says he has a response lx, nice try when he is driving a wakesetter.

We've been known to load our LSV creatively.

I know that unless we have sufficient VAB astern, if we come to an abrubt stop we can take on a little extra "Canadian ballast".

gallery_153_3_74777.jpg

Edited by Brad B
  • Like 1

Hell yeah.....we have the BGB system in the boat. Along with about 2500 pounds of water weight....we have 300 of fat friend weight we can shift around.

I never felt unsafe in the Bu.

here is the most weighted down bu i have seen......Most of you have seen it somewhere......It is a 23 LSV, all 4 tanks full, sac on nose, sac in walkway, sac on floor in back, cooler 8.1 litre engine, and 10 people. The prop was changed to a 14x16.

wynn.jpg

We've been known to load our LSV creatively.

I know that unless we have sufficient VAB astern, if we come to an abrubt stop we can take on a little extra "Canadian ballast".

gallery_153_3_74777.jpg

ROFL.gif you're killing me dude ROFL.gif