Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu warranty transfer

skyskier

Can someone please tell me how this works when a boat is sold to a new owner and the boat is still within the warranty period? I know there is a fee for the dealership to check the boat for issues. Is there also a separate warranty transfer fee on top of that? I would ask my dealer, but they are closed right now and I am negotiating a deal with a buyer.

Yes your dealer will have X price to inspect the boat and state it's worthy of a transfer. Then you'll need to pay the actual transfer fee, last time I did it IIRC it was $275 just for the transfer not the inspection.

Just went through this a month ago.

Dealer will inspect the boat and fill out a form that Malibu requires. This can run 1-2 hours. Price depends on what your dealer charges per hour. My dealer quoted me four hours at $120/hr. He ended up completing the lake test and inspection in a little over an hour so he only charged me the time it took.

Malibu charges $300 for boat warranty transfer

Indmar charges $200 for motor warranty transfer

UNLESS the boat is a Promo boat. If its a Promo boat then the $300 and $200 charges are waived. The labor charges for the dealer to do the inspection will still apply. This was confirmed and followed through with by my dealer and many phone calls and emails to Malibu.

From what I can tell Mastercraft and Nautique are the similar with charging fees to transfer warranties.