Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need music titles geared for Wakesurfing

ga_boater

I want to come up with a good play list of songs for people that wake surf behind my boat. I got Some "beach Boys", "The Eliminators", "fat boys wipe out", but I need help coming up with some more. Any ideas for songs welcomed. What do you play???

EDITED:

I just found this link if anyone else would like a list of surf music:

http://digitaldreamdoor.nutsie.com/pages/best_songs-surf.html

Edited by ga_boater

Well you've gotta have pipeline. I'd suggest the Ventures' version for the old skoolers and the Agent Orange version for the very nearly old skoolers.

Anthrax version is sweet!

Anthrax version is sweet!

Cool, I also picked up some, Surf Rider - The Lively Ones, The Centurians - Bullwinkle Part 2, The Tornadoes - Bustin'_Surfboards (All from the Pulp Fiction Soundtrack)

So I got I think enough music with "reverb".

Here are some others..

d*** Dale

Jan & Dean - Sidewalk Surfin'

Duane Eddy - Boss Guitar

The Trashman - Surfin' Bird

The Tornadoes - Bustin' Surfboards

The Trashman - Surfin' Bird, Sweet, thats gettin added

Makaha Waves - Screamin Jay Hawkins

Misirlou - d*** Dale

Aloha Ka Manini - Gabby Pahinui Hawaiian Band

My personal Fav: My Wave - Soundgarden

also

Little Green Bag - George Baker

Edited by DIE2SURF

Couple of others I found on my Mp3 player.

Joe Satriani - Surfing w/ an Alien...sort of a surfing song but killer tune anyway.

Al Nichol - Fiberglass Jungle

Jan & Dean - Ride The Wild Surf

Surfaris - Wipe Out

Surfman - Ghost Hop

The Mel-Tones - Kung Fu Saturdays

Again anything from Dick Dale & The Deftones is always great!

Well you've gotta have pipeline. I'd suggest the Ventures' version for the old skoolers and the Agent Orange version for the very nearly old skoolers.

Interesting side note about the song Pipeline:

Rob Marshall of the Chantays (the original writers of Pipeline and keyboardist) is a good friend of our family (he always comes over for Thanksgiving, went to the same church for many years, etc.).

He can't stand the song Pipeline, and hated performing on the Lawrence Welk Show. Eventually left the band cuz he'd had enough. He's a very cool guy though, ended up a school teacher in NorCal.

Interesting side note about the song Pipeline:

Rob Marshall of the Chantays (the original writers of Pipeline and keyboardist) is a good friend of our family (he always comes over for Thanksgiving, went to the same church for many years, etc.).

He can't stand the song Pipeline, and hated performing on the Lawrence Welk Show. Eventually left the band cuz he'd had enough. He's a very cool guy though, ended up a school teacher in NorCal.

Nice! Those old geezers in the background of that video looked perplexed about this raunchy music....lol

Nice! Those old geezers in the background of that video looked perplexed about this raunchy music....lol

Another funny sidenote: When the lead singer introduces his band members, he mis-pronounces Rob's name and calls him "Bob Marshan". Rob's eyes go back/forth thinking "WTF!?" We've joked about it a few times. Any time anyone brings it up now, steam starts coming out of Rob's ears. hahahahaaaaaa.

Another funny sidenote: When the lead singer introduces his band members, he mis-pronounces Rob's name and calls him "Bob Marshan". Rob's eyes go back/forth thinking "WTF!?" We've joked about it a few times. Any time anyone brings it up now, steam starts coming out of Rob's ears. hahahahaaaaaa.

I caught that as well.. band life isn't all that it's cracked up to be for him eh?

I had a huge playlist of surf music we played whenever we surfed. Had, as in all my songs are still on my iTunes, but my playlist got wiped when my computer crashed. I'll have to go through and recreate it sometime :) But as long as you get some of the basic from this list you'll be G2G.

d*** Dale and his Del Tones :thumbup: This album has some of his best,

King of the Surf Guitar Just buy the whole thing.

The Ventures; Hawaii Five 0, Pipeline, Secret Agent Man, James Bond Theme

The Surfari's; Wipeout, Tequila, Surfer Joe

The Lively Ones; Surf Rider

The Clash; Charlie Don't Surf

The Dirt Surfers; Bang a Gong

And for some more modern surf music, The Mermen. There kind of cool to chill too.

You could also check Frankie and the Pool Boys and Pollo Del Mar for some modern surf guitar as well.

MalibuNation

Man, you guys must be old. I think I've got every song mentioned in this thread on my iPod.

Glad someone mentioned Wipeout.

Edited by MalibuNation

I finally go tot check my iPod. Here are a few more:

Duane Eddy check his remakes and originals

The Aquamen; Rioja

The Bomboras; Mystery Planet

Cosmonauti; Secret Agent Man

Gary Hoey Album = Monster Surf

The Lively Ones; Rik-A-Tik, Surf Riders

Los Mel-Tones; Breakers at Hanalei

Rudy and the Surf Kings; Surf Eddy

Just for fun: