Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Center Display Hard to see

Sorry, don't have any pics, not sure it would show up that well anyways. The center (main) display is getting hard to see. Not sure how to describe it, oxidation or a very faint white-ish film starting across the bottom and gradually stops about 1/3 of the way up on the plastic outer cover. Looks like it will continue to the point where I'll hardly be able to see the entire gauge in a few years. Sorry I can't describe it better but I think if someone has experienced they'll know what I'm talking about. I tried a polishing compound but it didn't seem to do any good. Any ideas of what to do, my warranty expires in 2 weeks :whistle:

TIA,

Nate

Edited by Ndawg12

Sorry, don't have any pics, not sure it would show up that well anyways. The center (main) display is getting hard to see. Not sure how to describe it, oxidation or a very faint white-ish film starting across the bottom and gradually stops about 1/3 of the way up on the plastic outer cover. Looks like it will continue to the point where I'll hardly be able to see the entire gauge in a few years. Sorry I can't describe it better but I think if someone has experienced they'll know what I'm talking about. I tried a polishing compound but it didn't seem to do any good. Any ideas of what to do, my warranty expires in 2 weeks :whistle:

TIA,

Nate

Any chance you use Windex or something besides light soap and water on the gauges to clean them? I believe I remember reading in my '01 owners manual that it would cause hazing and fogging if a conventional "glass" cleaner were used.

Any chance you use Windex or something besides light soap and water on the gauges to clean them? I believe I remember reading in my '01 owners manual that it would cause hazing and fogging if a conventional "glass" cleaner were used.

That's a better way to describe it, hazing. I can't say that I've ever cleaned it, especially with windex, but that doesn't mean the previous owner didn't (he wiped down all the seat cushions with something with bleach in it and ruined the seams!!)

Ok, so that's what Malibu will say if I inquire about warranty. Any suggestions on how to fix this myself?

There is a clear plastic lens cover polishing product that is advertised on TV, you might try that. It's claim it to correct what you describe. It is one of those Billy Mays style miracle cleaners, so buyer beware but probably worth a try if warranty does not cover it.

I am starting to see the same thing on my display. However, I have thought that it is on the inside of the lens. Like condensation was getting in there over night and fogging the lens. Sorry I dont have a solution for you, but I know what you are talking about.

I am starting to see the same thing on my display. However, I have thought that it is on the inside of the lens. Like condensation was getting in there over night and fogging the lens. Sorry I dont have a solution for you, but I know what you are talking about.

I'll have to really look at mine, it appeared to be on the outside but maybe it wasn't.

BTW, the Saturn is awesome :whistle: thanks again for the report!!

Ha ha.......uh no, I found this product called WARRANTY, available at most Malibu dealers :yahoo:

I see your boat is an '06. How long is that warranty? Is there different years for different parts of the boat?