Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Jabsco Reversible or dual pirana pumps?

travlnmannn

I'm going to add some bow ballast and with the V-Ride space is limited and I can't add the tank because it's molded in Fiberglas. I'm pretty ballast stupid so my question is if I use the Jabsco reversible pump I only need one pump thru hull and just one line with split to fill and drain fittings. If I use the Pirana or similar pump I need one pump thru hull and another at the bag for drain. Thanks for your help. I'm trying to get in on the group buy so all help is appreciated. :werule:

I'm going to add some bow ballast and with the V-Ride space is limited and I can't add the tank because it's molded in Fiberglas. I'm pretty ballast stupid so my question is if I use the Jabsco reversible pump I only need one pump thru hull and just one line with split to fill and drain fittings. If I use the Pirana or similar pump I need one pump thru hull and another at the bag for drain. Thanks for your help. I'm trying to get in on the group buy so all help is appreciated. :werule:

yes, you will need 2-$35. piranha pumps or 1-$200. reversible pump.

i assume you are referring to the topic extremely similar to this one and again, according to their picture, i am not sure how water is not escaping out the drain line while filling.

yes, you will need 2-$35. piranha pumps or 1-$200. reversible pump.

i assume you are referring to the topic extremely similar to this one and again, according to their picture, i am not sure how water is not escaping out the drain line while filling.

I would assume they are using a valve to close off the drain part of the line to avoid the draining while filling up. I like the idea of the single pump because of the minimal clutter. Price is an issue I agree.

take a look a this post. you would need one jabsco to accomplish your goal.

take a look a this post. you would need one jabsco to accomplish your goal.

Jabsco looks much easier to put together. And with the GB now I'm hoping I can get the discount on it. Thanks for the link to the thread. Totally answered my question.

Jabsco looks much easier to put together. And with the GB now I'm hoping I can get the discount on it. Thanks for the link to the thread. Totally answered my question.

Hey guys,

I am in the middle of doing this to my 2006 v ride and I am putting two 750's in place of the rear tanks, hooking up a Jabsco to each one of them and looping the vent line behind the panel, then up to. I am half way done with the one side and will post some pics this weekend for all of ya.

Hey guys,

I am in the middle of doing this to my 2006 v ride and I am putting two 750's in place of the rear tanks, hooking up a Jabsco to each one of them and looping the vent line behind the panel, then up to. I am half way done with the one side and will post some pics this weekend for all of ya.

Looking forward to the pictures !!!!

I completed my ballast system last spring. I went back and forth all winter about using Jabscos or simple aerator pumps. I decided on the Shurflo (4.5 amp) pumps due to the issue of each Jabsco drawing 11.5 amps. If you are going to run multiple Jabscos at once you will have to have the engine on. We often fill all four bags while the surfer gets ready and the engine off. The jabscos are also noisy and they tend to interfere with your stereo if not properly isolated.

I completed my ballast system last spring. I went back and forth all winter about using Jabscos or simple aerator pumps. I decided on the Shurflo (4.5 amp) pumps due to the issue of each Jabsco drawing 11.5 amps. If you are going to run multiple Jabscos at once you will have to have the engine on. We often fill all four bags while the surfer gets ready and the engine off. The jabscos are also noisy and they tend to interfere with your stereo if not properly isolated.

Didn't take into consideration about noise. But I can see how that can be an issue. I've already decided to go ahead with regular aerator pumps. Little more wiring but it makes me "1" with my Bu :-) Thanks Awest for reaffirming my decision