Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Going Commando?

Molarbu

I found myself in a similar state of confusion last summer. My wife and I were in Aruba and I saw a sharp looking pair that I just had to have. I wore them commando the next day while I was learning to kiteboard. I spent about 3 hours on the water and there must have been some form of repetitive movement that I was doing - maybe it was the sand? Anyway, something rubbed the wrong way too many times and I ended up with an enormously painful chafed area that looked like a rug burn! I could hardly walk for the next day and a half. I tried ointments, wrapping it, everything! I could hardly move and needless to say was done boarding for the trip.

So that's my long winded warning to consider the boxer type underarmor or speedos!

Might I suggest the jean short cut-offs with the white front pockets hanging down? The boys will be well positioned.

Nonetheless, I avoid the board shorts for the same reasons (chaffing, bouncing, etc.). But I am willing to try again, maybe I'll put this on my birthday list.

martinarcher

I found myself in a similar state of confusion last summer. My wife and I were in Aruba and I saw a sharp looking pair that I just had to have. I wore them commando the next day while I was learning to kiteboard. I spent about 3 hours on the water and there must have been some form of repetitive movement that I was doing - maybe it was the sand? Anyway, something rubbed the wrong way too many times and I ended up with an enormously painful chafed area that looked like a rug burn! I could hardly walk for the next day and a half. I tried ointments, wrapping it, everything! I could hardly move and needless to say was done boarding for the trip.

So that's my long winded warning to consider the boxer type underarmor or speedos!

Oh snap! That must have been way bad! Unsure.gif

Commando for me, but a pair of under armor shorts has me thinking that might be a real good idea.

Edited by martinarcher

skiing and going commando in knee length boardies just doesnt work. far too much movement and just uncomfortable..

I get to the office and as luck would have it this is the first thing I read, not a good sign for the rest of the week. Wow, this is getting out of hand quickly.

While I do enjoy a good breeze :whistle: I must say I agree with most in that free whilly just dosen't protect me from the akward moments.

Board shorts with "true" boxers underneath should suffice. I found that boxer briefs just cause perpetual re-adjsutment of the twig and berries, and boxers dry faster than anything else while still preventing the "shilouete effect" and all of the other concerns.

Wayne and TheKiwi, thongs, really? Well maybe you are in a French speaking part of Canadia. :crazy: Don't know Wayne's location...

Loosey goosey for me, unless it's a very aggressive day, then boxer briefs under--mesh ones. They still take forever to dry, though. Maybe I'll try similar speedo's, or spandex shorts, or we used to wear "impact shorts" under our soccer shorts for slide tackles, but maybe I won't. Lots of adjusting either way, no getting around that one.

I do sometimes feel like Devastator from Transformers 2. Mine don't clang, tho...

Better quality board shorts are lined from top to bottom to prevent undesired see-through while wet. Therefore the big C for me. Did take a while to get used to though.

Pretty much figured out any form of underwear outside of a full cup isn't going to prevent jewel damage anyway in a major crash.

Boxers...just like with everything else. No problems here. I do like the bananna hammock idea though. :whistle:

I have been cutting the net liner out of shorts for 20 years...that was also the last time I wore stormtroopers. I just cant have my jewels held that tight.

martinarcher

Better quality board shorts are lined from top to bottom to prevent undesired see-through while wet. Therefore the big C for me. Did take a while to get used to though.

Pretty much figured out any form of underwear outside of a full cup isn't going to prevent jewel damage anyway in a major crash.

Plus1.gif

Maybe it's because I'm sitting on my butt. There is plenty of chance to get knocked around in a good crash. It's just not pretty.

All commando all the time. I am no stranger to hard falls and I maybe have a ball smacker once a year? That one time is does hurt, but not enough to be uncomfortable the rest of the year. The boys need to breath.

Been in that situation plenty of times!!! Try and find some liquid baby powder, it is the miracle cure you are looking for. It even helps after the full blown "rash" has emerged! Trust me on this one. I was in Europe a few years ago and got the dreaded rash after walking ridonculous distances in 40 deg C heat. I walked like a gunslinger for the last mile or so through the heart of Budapest!! :guns:

I really thought this was a joke at first. It's hilarious. I typically go commando, but have been trying the tantrum the last couple of years and it only takes a couple of times dragging the water in the seated position before you throw on a wetsuit or some boxer briefs. Boxer briefs work pretty good most of the time. Most "good" board shorts are thick enough that you cannot see thru them, but they do leave some outlines at times. Just keep a life jacket handy. :biggrin:

Skiing = Shorts with Liners. Swimming pool = no liner, boxers underneath.

Im not sure about you guys but I HATE shorts that have velco in the front, where a zipper would be.

Wayne and TheKiwi, thongs, really? Well maybe you are in a French speaking part of Canadia. :crazy: Don't know Wayne's location...

Oops, I thought a bananna hammock was a speedo, not a thong. I'm changing my phrase to waterproof tighty-whities, er, but they're not necessarily white.

How can you people board with out some type of support? Call me uptight, but I prefer the extra security of a regular speedo under my board shorts. The thought a handging free and a hard landing just makes me cringe.

Skiing = Shorts with Liners. Swimming pool = no liner, boxers underneath.

Im not sure about you guys but I HATE shorts that have velco in the front, where a zipper would be.

Velcro vs Zipper..........I know which one I would rather have on the front of my shorts, if I happened to snag the "Johnson Bar"

Wife: Are you on the malibu crew thing again?

Husband: Well, uhm, yes…there’s a bunch of guys talking about being in the military. They were commandos.

Wife: Really? That’s interesting. Do they say why they were commandos?

Husband: Uhm, yes. They want to protect their boys.

Wife: That’s wonderful. They must spend a lot of time together.

Husband: Yup, all the time.

Wife: Are there any woman who were commandos?

Husband: Uhm, I don’t think so. Well, at least none that are admitting it.

Velcro vs Zipper..........I know which one I would rather have on the front of my shorts, if I happened to snag the "Johnson Bar"

Thats not what I meant.

Husband: Well, uhm, yes…there's a bunch of guys talking about being in the military. They were commandos.

Wife: Really? That's interesting. Do they say why they were commandos?

Wife: That's wonderful. They must spend a lot of time together.

Husband: Uhm, I don't think so. Well, at least none that are admitting it.

This thread has been really enlightening. I think I'm going to hold out until I find some lined boardshorts or maybe just get a couple off of the target website Pete posted. I'll have to give Pete a rep point and then a minus rep point for all you who just let the boys flop around!

A true commando keeps his unit together and never leaves a man behind! :salute:

martinarcher

Husband: Well, uhm, yes…there's a bunch of guys talking about being in the military. They were commandos.

Wife: Really? That's interesting. Do they say why they were commandos?

Wife: That's wonderful. They must spend a lot of time together.

Husband: Uhm, I don't think so. Well, at least none that are admitting it.

Rep for you good sir. I haven't laughed that hard in weeks! ROFL.gifROFL.gif