Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Going Commando?

Molarbu

Okay, I have officially become old enough to recognize a generation gap developing. All my life I have worn "swimsuits" which have had drawstrings and a 'liner' in them which keeps all the 'equipment' held in place. I was shopping yesterday with my wife and I saw an entire rack of boardshorts and figured I'd take a look and maybe get some for this summer. Anyhoo, I'm looking and none of them have any kind of liner in them, which leads to my new topic here. What, if anything, do you wear under board shorts? It seems a pair of tighty whities made of cotton would stay soaked all day and never dry out and lead to a condition consistent with nethers being cold and wet all day long.:oops: Going commando seems to be the wrong idea also in a sport where high impact collisions with the water occur in which your feet are held apart by the bindings. :cry: Also, I would hate for someone to inadvertently catch a view of my poor genetics. :sw2: Anyway, I was asking my wife all these questions and she responded,"This sounds like a question for your internet friends, the Malibu Crew". So, with my gaze cast downward and my head hung low, I come to you all asking this humbling question. What do you wear along with board shorts?:help:

Sincerely,

Your Idahoan brother.

...Anyway, I was asking my wife all these questions and she responded,"This sounds like a question for your internet friends, the Malibu Crew"...

That's right, I agree with your wife. It's always better to ask a few thousand total strangers who can now post this on any forum of their choice. :footing:

The only time I wear anything under my board shorts is if I am just dropping by for a quick ride and I don't want to get @$$ naked to change...other then that it's just skin and shorts :)

If you need your junk to be held firmly in place look into Under Armor boxer briefs. They would probably dry out quickly...?

*Quick Edit*

When wearing board shorts, and sitting in the back of the boat/drivers seat be mindful that those sitting in the bow/observers seat can see too much when the boat is in motion and air is traveling through the walk through...It's always a little awkward when you have to tell someone that everyone can see their...well you know :lol:

Edited by jetskipro550

Nylon trunks or boxer briefs (the kind that find snugly). I'm also part of the 'older' generation and am not totally comfortable going commando.

If you want a liner check out places like walmart. Anything that has the elastic waist will likely also have the liner still.

You'd look pretty hip in these I bet. :).

Generally I wear typically liner free board shorts, but I will rock shorts like above if I am trying to pick up some ladies :thumbup: If you prefer the look of modern board shorts but would like the support a speedo would probably fit the bill. Who knows, maybe you'll decide to lose the shorts all together :lol:

I rarely go commando. Board shorts seem too thin for one. I don't need relatives , old or young, seeing an outline of something they shouldn't when I climb out of the water.

So I usually wear something underneath but it also makes me feel more "secure" as opposed to free balling.

Nothing at all. LET IT ALL HANG OUT! I have to say I read that post with my wife sitting next to me and that is the funniest s##t i've heard in awhile.

Edited by tomas

This thread is hilarious! - Sadly I have quietly pondered similar questions and have even conducted a few experiments to no great conslusions... a few things first: old skool shorts don't have a liner, I've been told that it's a "hair net" secondly if you're wearing board shorts and someone in the boat catches a glimpse - something ain't right - board shorts generally run down to just above the knee - wow! you folks get my drift. far as being supported - I've actually used a speedo and that works pretty good also dries pretty quickly. at any rate - that's my two cents

FWIW, I typically wear a Speedo-type swim suit underneath. Not that little bikini-

looking thing, but the longer version. Looks kinda like boxer-briefs.

Anyhow, the Speedo tends to dry pretty quickly. So, I can just "drop trou" on the

board shorts and throw on a dry pair of shorts over the Speedo if we're going to

go get a bite to eat. Or, if I want to throw on a shorty wetsuit for that first

run of the day, I can just step out of the board shorts and into the shorty without

freaking out my teen-aged daughter or her friends.

Nothing, although in colder water I wear my neoprene lined board shorts from Jet Pilot. I noticed that they now have a new neo lined boardshort called the Game Changer

:plus1: Got some jet pilot last year with the built in liner, work great. Looking to pick up a few more pairs this year.

FWIW, I typically wear a Speedo-type swim suit underneath. Not that little bikini-

looking thing, but the longer version. Looks kinda like boxer-briefs.

Anyhow, the Speedo tends to dry pretty quickly. So, I can just "drop trou" on the

board shorts and throw on a dry pair of shorts over the Speedo if we're going to

go get a bite to eat. Or, if I want to throw on a shorty wetsuit for that first

run of the day, I can just step out of the board shorts and into the shorty without

freaking out my teen-aged daughter or her friends.

Then you've got wet shorts. Yeah the jammers dry fairly quickly, but not that quickly while they're on you. Just keep a large towel on the boat. Ever hear of a deck change?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has the same issue/question as the OP. Why don't the mordern board shorts have a net anyway? WTH? You'd think with the sport they are supposedly made for that they would understand the need to keep the junk neatly packaged up and a little more secure. That just doesn't make sense to me at all.

Plus, me personally, I don't like having my stuff swinging all around and about all damn day. :unsure:

I like the idea of the Game Changer posted above....I'll be checking them out...

Always commando. And the combination of wet, white boardshorts and riding blind or doing backside slides should be avoided at all costs. Also, at my age, any pair of shorts with an elastic waist is not flattering.

Check out Ambercrombie. Good looking board shorts and they are thicker with a liner. I have an outlet nearby and can always pick a set up for $15.

I'm too old to care what people are seeing anymore. :crazy:

But I'm hear to tell ya that crashing when riding commando SUCKS...... specifically face plants! So I am usually either in a wetsuit or drysuit of some kind or wearing Under Armour under the shorts.

No one has mentioned a bananna hammock yet? Well, at least not in those exact words. As embarrassing as it is to purchase one, it's been my board shorts udergarment of choice for a long time.

All my "board shorts" have liners in them. I wouldn't wear something on the water that's not holding the jewels in place. I'm with Bill, if you take a fall on the water and your buddies are in the wrong place at the wrong time=Ouchie!

I happen to own three pair of Mossimo board shorts For the price and amount of pockets these things have, you can't beat them. I don't buy "name brand" stuff to impress the ladies. In the words of the famous Run DMC..."Calvin Klein ain't no friend of mine".