Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Piggyback system HELP!!!!

cmcgee82

I had the piggyback system installed by my dealer (1100lb. Fat-Sac in rear left locker). I took it out for the test yesterday to see the new surf wake. I hit the surf left setting on the malivue and once it was finished i turned the fill pump on the MLS left and my fat-sac filled as should. The problem came when i emptied the tanks after my surf. The fat sac did not completely empty. If i had to guess there is probably about 100-200lbs. of water in the bag. there is plenty of force/pressure on the drain line. i ran the MLS Left drain on manually for a while and after pulling the boat out on the decline and nothing would happen. My questions to you guys are first the obvious "WHY" and two does this mean the MLS Left tank still full. Your answers and advice on what to do is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

You will always have some water left over in the piggyback configuration. The rear slant of the boat causes it. What I do is pick up the rear of the bag so it will drain... most of the way. Do you have venting attached to the bag and the hard tank? You need to vent the hard tank so it will not "vapor lock" and not allow the bag to drain.

• 4 weeks later...

We just installed the 750# piggyback yesterday on our new vRide. Filled as expected and same issue on the draining. We tried to lift the bag to get gravity to do the work but still didnt drain. The fittings on the vent were not tight so we suspect that may be part/all of the problem. Work in progress...

Also, Im thinking about adding a Y connect of some kind so I can add an external pump to fully empty the bag for boarding. Anyone tried this?

Also, interested in adding a bypass of somekind when we only want to fill the hard tank. Any ideas?

First off if you had the dealer install it, I would take it back to them for repair. I know when I first installed my 750s in the locker I had a problem with the bag having to much water left over. Then I put the drain pump on the back side of the boat, this way when draining all I had to do is just drive at 10mph to raise the bow and all the water heads to the back of the bag where the pump is. Now on the new boats that have the sacs draining into the lower tanks I'm not sure how they are plumbed.

Sounds like the Vapor lock I previously talked about.... you must have a vent line to the bag and the hard tank. I used a "Y" hose adapter for mine. This way a single vent line is used for both.

Edited by cyoda44
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure if you were using the term piggyback generically or in reference to a system that was purchased from us, but if it came from us it is not installed correctly. In a properly setup system you will have less than a gallon of water in the bag when done draining.

Please contact our tech support department for assistance in getting this issue resolved.

• 2 weeks later...

We just installed the 750# piggyback yesterday on our new vRide. Filled as expected and same issue on the draining. We tried to lift the bag to get gravity to do the work but still didnt drain. The fittings on the vent were not tight so we suspect that may be part/all of the problem. Work in progress...

Also, Im thinking about adding a Y connect of some kind so I can add an external pump to fully empty the bag for boarding. Anyone tried this?

Also, interested in adding a bypass of somekind when we only want to fill the hard tank. Any ideas?

Can you tell me more about this "750# piggyback system"? Is it something that hooks right up to stock plumbing? Where do you get it? What is the cost? I take delivery of my 2010 Vride in a couple weeks and am looking forward to surfing since I have never done it before.

• 6 months later...

Does the Fly High Pro X Series Jumbo V-Drive Surf Sac (1100lb) fit well in 07' VLX?

We have a very nice wake on the goofy side with 750lb ballace + 400lb stock in rear locker (also have 500lb center and 320lb in the bow)

Regular foot is so so with same setup. Just wondering if we use 1100lb bag instead of 750lb if the wake would be better. But does the 100lb bag fit in 07' VLX?

Thanks