Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The 2006 Response finally arrived!

Chaabo

The day couldn't be better... :) Except for the weather. Innocent.gif

Former hurricane Rita was hitting the European continent last night and brought lots of rain...

So no break-in so far... :(

Here are some pics taken at the dealer's showroom floor this morning:

(She's the first 2006 Malibu in Europe!) Surprised.gif

Response-neu-01.jpg

Response-neu-02.jpg

Response-neu-03.jpg

Response-neu-04.jpg

Response-neu-05.jpg

Response-neu-06.jpg

Response-neu-07.jpg

Response-neu-08.jpg

Response-neu-09.jpg

Response-neu-10.jpg

2006 Response

Exteriour: Standard Progressive + Above Rubrail Accent, White/Charcoal/HotOrange

Interiour: Sterling Carpet, Moonbeam/Marble/Charcoal & Hor Orange Bead

320LCR, SS-Exhaust Tips, Insulated Motor Box, Teak Swimstep, Wedge, Black Bimini Top, 3-Outlet Heater, Flip Up Bolster Seat, Driver's Seat Heater, Dash Speakers factory installed, 2 Pair of Pull up Cleats, Polished Pylon, Depth Finder Module, Precision Speed Control, Patriotic Hull Graphics to come

Biggrin.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VinRLX

• 88Skier

• SGY

• Chaabo

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a beautiful boat.  Has Malibu changed their guages?  They're all individual.  I like that better than the combos in my '03.

Yes indeed. You remember the multi-gauge was four in one, right? Looks like there's only three there. Maybe they decided not to bother with a gas gauge? ;)

Fantastic looking rig! I'm not an orange fan, but that's a pretty sharp looking boat. Enjoy her!

Congratulations onthe new boat.  It looks great. 

One question though, what's with the Amish Buggy triangle reflectors on the trailer???

Actually, those are called slow moving vehicle signs. Just thought you might like to know, but why they are on a boat is beyond me.

Why not put a 01 on the side instead of the patriotic graphics. And a rebel flag bimini. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Hail General Lee.

Just funnin. Thats a great looking Response. I love the classic closed bow. Rockon.gif

Congratulations onthe new boat.  It looks great. 

One question though, what's with the Amish Buggy triangle reflectors on the trailer???

Thank you all!

Weather is foggy, but no rain, so we can start the break-in today. Surprised.gif

The reflector-parts at the trailer are required by German law.

Edited by Chaabo
That's a beautiful boat.  Has Malibu changed their guages?  They're all individual.  I like that better than the combos in my '03.

Yes indeed. You remember the multi-gauge was four in one, right? Looks like there's only three there. Maybe they decided not to bother with a gas gauge? ;)

I was thinking the same thing. I like the layout of seperate guages better. I wonder if they're using the same brand or if they've upgraded to Faria or something top of the line.

I also like the layout of the separate guages. I'd assume they don't have a Voltmeter included in the three small ones. Does anyone know if you can get the volt reading on what looks to be a "multi-function" display in the center of the cluster. I'd also be interested in what exactly thats for, and the various information they have in there.

chaabo, you always get the sexiest boats!!!!!!!!

Thank you! :blush:

Congrats Chaabo!!

Just curious..how many Malibu's does the Germany sell each year?

I don't know exactly, but it must be around 20 or so.

Most of them are WB boats as this sport seems to be more "fancy" over here.

Slalom is seen as a bit of the old school/old fashioned guy sports...

I also like the layout of the separate guages.  I'd assume they don't have a Voltmeter included in the three small ones.  Does anyone know if you can get the volt reading on what looks to be a "multi-function" display in the center of the cluster.  I'd also be interested in what exactly thats for, and the various information they have in there.

Okay, with the gauges ...

On the left side there is the big analogue speedo (mine reads kph) within that gauge there are three LCD infos reading Depth, Air Temp & Lake Temp these are fix you can't change them. W/O a depth finder module I don't know what the first one will be.

Gauges-01.jpg

The three small analogue gauges are: Engine temp, Fuel and Oil Pressure

Gauges-02.jpg

The big gauge on the right shows the RPM. The small LCD inside the tach reads Oil PSI, Volts & Hours. Again these are fixed.

Gauges-03.jpg

The Multifunctional Display is very versatile! You can "scroll" through various Informations/screens. Just a few of them (sorry after just two hours I can't recall all of them):

- Time & Hours

- Temperatures (Air & Lake)

- Speed & RPM

- Depth only

- Batt & Temp & Oil & Fuel (how much is left in percentage!)

- Speed Control (RPM based or KPH/Miles based!)

- Some setup mode to change/adjust settings like display brightness...

After the first few hours in our 2006 boat, and being used to drive the 05 model I can say, the new carpet is way better then the old one. More plush, feels "thicker", feels just more comfy. The speed control is awesome! Very easy to set/use. The throttle by wire is great - you barely notice that there is no cable. No "popping" back of the throttle knob anymore! I love the bimini already (our "old" Response had none) it's really cozy under there! Seat heater rocks! And the 3-outlet heater comes with the low RPM fix factory installed and works great! The polished pylon is the ultimate eyecatcher. Everybody goes "whow" that is a pylon! ;)

And I'm happy with choosing the "long" cover that covers the platform.

FirstDayOut-01.jpg

FirstDayOut-02.jpg

Here she is on the water:

FirstDayOut.jpg

So, no rain today let's go for the remainig break-in-hours... Biggrin.gif