Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The 2006 Response finally arrived!

Chaabo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VinRLX

• 88Skier

• SGY

• Chaabo

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorgeous! You even got the color above the rub rail, good on you.

Great looking boat! You don't see to many new closed bows anymore.

The Germans know style.

Maybe, but they must have missed out on the whole convience and comfort thing Biggrin.gif

Yeah, but aren't you glad that BMW and Mercedes don't make mini vans.

Well said.

Edited by WakeGirl

Beautiful boat Chaabo. The reflector triangles on the back of the trailer got me thinking though. When I lived there, I don't ever remember seeing cars pulling trailers on the Autobahn. Are you allowed to pull your boat on the Autobahn? If so, what is the speed limit when pulling the trailer? Just curious.

Again very nice boat! Clap.gif

Beautiful boat Chaabo. The reflector triangles on the back of the trailer got me thinking though. When I lived there, I don't ever remember seeing cars pulling trailers on the Autobahn. Are you allowed to pull your boat on the Autobahn? If so, what is the speed limit when pulling the trailer? Just curious.

Again very nice boat!  Clap.gif

We're you ever sober enough to drive there? :)

Chabbo,

Nice ride!!

Most of them are WB boats as this sport seems to be more "fancy" over here.

Slalom is the old school/old fashioned guy sports...

Yea - well said... Tease2.gif

it is a sweet lookin boat! Biggrin.gif

Edited by SacRiverRat

Again very nice boat!  Clap.gif

Of course you are allowed to pull trailers on the Autobahn.

The general speed limit for cars towing a trailer is 80 km/h (50 mph).

But, you can apply for a special 100 km/h permit (62 mph) if the car-trailer-combo fulfills some special requirements. These are shock absorbers on the trailer axles, ABS breaking system on the car, a special weight "balance" between the car's total maximum weight and the trailer's max capacity, and some other silly things. ;)

So after some mods on the US-trailer, I got the permission and travel around 70 mph on the Autobahn. Biggrin.gif

Gorgeous!  You even got the color above the rub rail, good on you.

Thank you! Above rubrail accent was a must.

We didn't ordered it the last time and our "old" Response always looked kind of incomplete.

Totally agree. Every time I see a boat with the color above, it just looks complete, finished. Have fun with her!

Oh man that is one cool boat. IMO there are no boats sexier than the closed bow ski boats. The closed bow also imparts a no nonsence (this boat is for serious sport use) look that just can't be beat.

Enjoy the boat.

Joe

Huh. That's consistent with what I've heard.  I've also heard that the RLXi's wake is a bit softer than the Response LX. 

Pretty amazing feat. Hats off to Malibu.

Response CB and Response LX wakes are identical. It's the exact same boat. They make the LX an LX by taking a scroll saw and cutting out the bow material and dropping in a basket.

Pressure pressure. There's alot that I love about my 206 and with one kid starting college in 1.5 years, I'm glad I love my boat. But never say never. If all goes to plan, I hope to have an opportunity to ski behind a RLXi quite a bit more next year.

If I had my druthers, I would buy a 196. I agree with the above post about the single mindedness of a CB boat. They remind me of a race car. No frills, just bad a$$ But my wife would have my hide. She loves the open bow--we still have one small kid. I'll say this, if I ever move away from the 206, there is no question I would buy the RLXi. I could put up with the hassle all my CC friends would give me--even with all the head I've talked over the years about CC products.

Edwin, how's your new baby running? VinRlx, those Yanks going to win this year? I bet you're hoping for some revenge against the Red Sox???

Edited by SGY

I've kind of taken SGY under my wing and I'm slowly bringing him around to sensical thought and reason. He's got closet Bu envy, you should see him around my RLXi. He started skiing on a ski with a malibu sticker on it and started tearing up the bouy's! ;) Ok, so his performance had more to do his efforts than the sticker.

His 206 is a very nice boat and it has a heater in it! Diversity is a good thing!

No matter his choice in boat, SGY is a good guy and deserves all the respect and ribbing we can give him, LOL.