Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Mirror Installation Help

Ndawg12

Nate! Go to bed!

Here is a shot of those brackets in my boat. Looks like thier inverted on yours. Or at least oriented a bit higher.

CIMG0457zoom.jpg

I think once you get that oriented right, the mirror placement will fall into place.

Good luck,

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Installation of that Mirror,

You need the 4 screws of course

A punch helps greatly

I believe it was a 5/32" drill bit for the pilot but double check

1) I start with inner bracket and put it about 2 fingers from the right edge of the center walk through part of the windshield. If center the mirror you'll have a huge blindspot.

2) Punch the location and predrill (1 hole) be careful to only drill just below the surface you don't want to hit the glass.

3) Attach the bracket with a manual screwdriver, don't use the drill it's too easy to strip the screw.

4) Punch and drill the second hole and install the 2nd screw

5) Assemble the U bracket with both mounts to locate the 2nd bracket holes

6) Punch, drill and install the last two screws

7) Put the mirror on and you done.

-Chris

Put down the Gorilla glue for once and give us some pics. to see what you've gotten yourself into.

I think he's still drinking Pete. LOL

OMG, I did forget the pics, and yes I was still drinking!!!

post-8316-127034424381_thumb.jpg

post-8316-127034425477_thumb.jpg

It looks like you're off by 90*?

I'm guessing what you would need is for the threaded holes for the wing "bolts" to be facing down or, on the bottom of the windshield frame? Is that what you're thinking?

It looks like you're off by 90*?

I'm guessing what you would need is for the threaded holes for the wing "bolts" to be facing down or, on the bottom of the windshield frame? Is that what you're thinking?

I really have no idea. The clamps have holes in them like I'm supposed to screw them down through with windshield frame :dontknow: Other than that, I don't see a way to attach it just with the parts they gave me.

So, you're saying the only problem is that the screws are too long? They'll bottom out against the windshield frame?

Installation of that Mirror,

You need the 4 screws of course

A punch helps greatly

I believe it was a 5/32" drill bit for the pilot but double check

1) I start with inner bracket and put it about 2 fingers from the right edge of the center walk through part of the windshield. If center the mirror you'll have a huge blindspot.

2) Punch the location and predrill (1 hole) be careful to only drill just below the surface you don't want to hit the glass.

3) Attach the bracket with a manual screwdriver, don't use the drill it's too easy to strip the screw.

4) Punch and drill the second hole and install the 2nd screw

5) Assemble the U bracket with both mounts to locate the 2nd bracket holes

6) Punch, drill and install the last two screws

7) Put the mirror on and you done.

-Chris

Awesome Chris, thanks for the help, I'll do that next weekend. Not sure how I posted this topic twice.

Oh what a mess, I'm trying to respond to 2 different threads on the same topic that I posted last night after a few barely pops!! I didn't even realize that the clamps got screwed into the frame, I've got it figured, thanks!!

I merged your two Topics.

Cool, thanks Ronnie.

I guess I was under the assumption that I could move this thing around to see where I liked it best. I guess I better figure out where I want it and go with it.

I didn't get screw for the clamps, would I be safe with 1/2" and not worry about hitting the glass?

Mixing the Crew, :beer: and :help: messages always makes for an interesting read the day after. :surprised:

Guess we need to submit Nate's Friday night to http://www.textsfromlastnight.com :crazy:

I made a few stupid posts early on in my career on here and vowed never to drink and visit this site. I guess I broke that, at least my grammar made sense!!

I got some 1/2" stainless screws, can anyone verify those aren't going to be too long and crack the windshield. I hope not because I don't know if I can find any shorter with a head big enough...

I got some 1/2" stainless screws, can anyone verify those aren't going to be too long and crack the windshield. I hope not because I don't know if I can find any shorter with a head big enough...

I think I'd pull the frame apart & make sure the screws went in without hitting the glass.

Maybe cut the screws down?