Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another dead battery issue

Okay, there are two RLXis at our lake. Mine is an 08 and the other is an 09. Both boats if not used is 3 to 4 days will have a dead battery. Both boats have a single battery setup and both alternators are working properly. Mine has Perfect Pass and Zero Off. The 09 has Zero Off only.

The dealer said its the Mux switches but I just don't know if I buy that. Any ideas? Is this a common trait to these newer boats?

There is a good chance it's the main power module that is thirsty. There is a fix by supplying power via the key switch versus direct from the battery. Have your dealer speak with Malibu about it. Takes a few minutes to rewire once they locate the proper lead.

Peter

There is a good chance it's the main power module that is thirsty. There is a fix by supplying power via the key switch versus direct from the battery. Have your dealer speak with Malibu about it. Takes a few minutes to rewire once they locate the proper lead.

Peter

Awesome, Thanks Peter I appreciate the heads up.

• 2 weeks later...

Peter

Had the boat in the shop today and apparently this fix is only for boats with the Maliview. They installed a Perko switch for now and will have to work with the Malibu techs to figure this out a little bit more. Apparently they found the draw at the back of the motor, possibly the ECM. The tech that was working on the boat said its a healthy draw of 12V.

Had the boat in the shop today and apparently this fix is only for boats with the Maliview. They installed a Perko switch for now and will have to work with the Malibu techs to figure this out a little bit more. Apparently they found the draw at the back of the motor, possibly the ECM. The tech that was working on the boat said its a healthy draw of 12V.

I sure hope it's 12v :whistle: .

Kidding anyways did he mean 12 amps? If so that is a pretty big draw, let me know what you find out. I know my boat has a draw as well but I keep it in the garage with a smart charger hooked up to it so I never worried about it.

I sure hope it's 12v :whistle: .

Kidding anyways did he mean 12 amps? If so that is a pretty big draw, let me know what you find out. I know my boat has a draw as well but I keep it in the garage with a smart charger hooked up to it so I never worried about it.

No, I kind of chuckled to myself when he said 12 volts too, but I was not sure what kind of a test he was doing. In order to get the current draws he would have to disconnect the wires and stick his meter in series. He was not doing that so he must have meant 12 volts.