Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

KD CR7 Fin GONE

Sullivan

Okay, so I hit a rock in our lake today with my fin in one of the turns. First time skiing here. Lesson learned, well then I took the fin out of the back of my ski and set it on the back cushion of the boat to dig for a spare cheater fin. Couldn't find one so we headed back to the boat house to get a new one. Some how in the commotion we took off and forgot to put the whole fin assembly INSIDE the boat. We have no idea where the fin fell into the water at. This is the fin the fits into the ski from the bottom of the ski and not the top like every other ski in the world. There must be 50 old skis with fins at the boat house and not one of them is a KD that will fit my ski.

Any one want to sell one. I think my ski is from 2007. My wife is going to flip when I tell her I need a new ski now. Oh boy.

I was in the middle of the course but I have no idea were it fell off the boat. I tried walking the bottom of the lake to see if I could find it with my feet where we took off but no luck.

I'm hoping someone has an old KD that they don't use anymore. Otherwise maybe D3 will still have a fin that will fit it.

:shocked: How close were you to shore?
I was in the middle of the course...

:unsure: You were in the middle of the course and you hit a rock? :shocked: Might want to relocate that course away from shore a bit. :yes:

:unsure: You were in the middle of the course and you hit a rock? :shocked: Might want to relocate that course away from shore a bit. :yes:

Man this made me laugh pretty hard. I meant I hit a rock going around the island at the end of the course, not IN the course during a turn around a ball.

I was just being lazy and and let myself drift out towards the shore line too close.

I may have one that fits. Can you post some pics and dimensions?

Oh boy! I sent you an email with a few pics and the dimensions are: 7.5" by 1.125"

Thanks a bunch.

Man this made me laugh pretty hard. I meant I hit a rock going around the island at the end of the course, not IN the course during a turn around a ball.

I was just being lazy and and let myself drift out towards the shore line too close.

Uh, ya think? :crazy:

Ahhh. Got it. :biggrin:

We always ski in the trough just to the inside of the boat's wake when going around the island. Seems like someone hit rocks coming around the turn island at one of the Rent-A-Lakes™ that we did here in NorCal. :unsure: Was it you, Justin?

Darn, and I thought you were getting so much width around the balls that you swung into shore... I was going to ask you to sell your ski :)

Sully,

If you haven't seen it...check out the reply to your post on PSC. It looks like you've lucked out and found the fin you are after.

Hey Thanks, You are right. How about that, talk about luck. I didn't sleep much last night because I was worried about this.

Darn, and I thought you were getting so much width around the balls that you swung into shore... I was going to ask you to sell your ski :)

The trick is to use a 125ft rope. You too can reach the shore.

Oh boy! I sent you an email with a few pics and the dimensions are: 7.5" by 1.125"

Thanks a bunch.

Hey Sully,

I got your email with pics. It will be Monday or Tuesday before I have a chance to check it out.

Hey Sully,

I got your email with pics. It will be Monday or Tuesday before I have a chance to check it out.

No problem, I might have one lined up. I have not been able to confirm this yet but it looks promising. If I don't get the other assembly lined up. I'd be extremely grateful if you would check yours.

No problem, I might have one lined up. I have not been able to confirm this yet but it looks promising. If I don't get the other assembly lined up. I'd be extremely grateful if you would check yours.

I've got one. It was given to me years ago as a backup for my CR7, never used it. Almost threw it away recently while doing the spring garage cleanout. If you want it shoot me an address.

Ed

I've got one. It was given to me years ago as a backup for my CR7, never used it. Almost threw it away recently while doing the spring garage cleanout. If you want it shoot me an address.

Ed

Hey Ed,

I really appreciate the offer. I found another fin and it should be on its way here. Thanks for the offer, if I can ever help or if you are ever in the Pacific NW let me know.

Hey Ed,

I really appreciate the offer. I found another fin and it should be on its way here. Thanks for the offer, if I can ever help or if you are ever in the Pacific NW let me know.

No worries. I'll sit on it for a bit but will probably toss it in the next cleanup. Whenever that happens again...

Ed

Alright, just got back from the lake. All is good again, new fin is installed I was able to run through the course again like nothing changed. Thanks again for the offers to send me your old or spare fins. I really appreciate it.