Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Snap in carpet?

skyskier

I am ordering a new LSV and I am having a hard time deciding. I saw the snap in option for the first time yesterday. I did not know this option eliminates the carpet under the seats and in the rear storage lockers. Since my boat gets put away semi damp at the end of the weekend (no choice), the snap in seems like a good option for my purposes. I plan to sell this boat within a year so I am looking more at resale than anything else. What do the masses prefer? Your thoughts?

I am ordering a new LSV and I am having a hard time deciding. I saw the snap in option for the first time yesterday. I did not know this option eliminates the carpet under the seats and in the rear storage lockers. Since my boat gets put away semi damp at the end of the weekend (no choice), the snap in seems like a good option for my purposes. I plan to sell this boat within a year so I am looking more at resale than anything else. What do the masses prefer? Your thoughts?

I ordered mine with snap out carpet as well for the same reason...gets put away wet plus gets wet from sitting on the lift. I'm not a fan of how they handled under the drivers seat, but I think long term, people will be looking for this option...especially because all the storage is not longer carpeted...that was key for me. I just hope all my gear isn't loud and bangs/slides around down there w no padding.

I just hope all my gear isn't loud and bangs/slides around down there w no padding.

You could use some kind of custom cut carpet or rubber bed mat in those areas (like from a pickup bed).

Carpet in a boat is so difficult to maintain if you are using the boat a lot for board sports. Now that I have had snap out carpet in my last couple of boats, I would not have one with out it.

I wish my current boat did not have carpet in the lockers.

Ben - maybe try putting some non-skid type padding in the lockers.

I ordered my VLX with the snap in but took it one step further to the Tatami mat instead of carpet. I don't have my boat yet so I can't tell you what I think, but it looks as though it would dry quicker and be easy to maintain.

I'd get it.

the snap out carpet is a must-

you have to buy the tatami mat you will love it.

for the resale i think is better the snap put because you always can carpet the boat...

We have snap out carpet in ours, and we have the Tatami mat. We almost chose the regular carpet and then after seeing the tatami, we decided for sure to go with that. I think the tatami has a cleaner feel and dries quicker for sure. From what I understood, its mold resistant, water doesnt just sit and accumulate, and its not burning hot when its in the sun all day. I am glad we chose it over the regular snap in carpet. I am glad we have snap in carpet too, just because if it gets dirty, take it to the car wash, spray it off, let it dry and put it back in. In our I/O, the carpet was not snap in. I ended up at least 2 times a year using vinegar and a scrub brush in the boat trying to clean it out.

I would love snap in carpet....being in the saltwater all year creates a smell similar to cat pee after about the 2nd month of use....... and my boat is in a garage all the time.....and at times i will have dryers in it and it still smells like cat pee.

next boat will have snap in / out for sure...... :horse: