Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Inland Surfer Blue Lake next step

amarfanhar

The season is about here and I'm looking for a Wakesurf board. My good friend had the inland surfer Blue Lake and it was a great board, I loved how easy it was to ride. Yet, it seemed tough to edge and slash the wake it just wants to go straight.

What wakesurf board would you recomend for the only board for my crew on my Echelon? Here are my requirements...

Easy for beginners to ride

Crew size 120lbs-190lbs

A little more agressive (to catch air on the wake) than the Blue Lake

Surf style board

Smaller Echelon direct drive wake.

:surfing:

Thanks,

Todd

I always recommend The Walker Project boards. They have lots of different options and styles. Here is a link to the 2010 boards. I personally have a Composite X 4.6 for the boat and a 4.9 James Walker Signature board for myself. The best advise is to demo all the boards you can get your hands on.... then make an informed decision. :surfing:

Edited by cyoda44

The season is about here and I'm looking for a Wakesurf board. My good friend had the inland surfer Blue Lake and it was a great board, I loved how easy it was to ride. Yet, it seemed tough to edge and slash the wake it just wants to go straight.

What wakesurf board would you recomend for the only board for my crew on my Echelon? Here are my requirements...

Easy for beginners to ride

Crew size 120lbs-190lbs

A little more agressive (to catch air on the wake) than the Blue Lake

Surf style board

Smaller Echelon direct drive wake.

:surfing:

Thanks,

Todd

Have you thought about just changing to a smaller fin on the blue lake?

I borrowed it from my buddy for a few trips last year it isn't mine. Do you love your blue lake now that you've changed fins?

I borrowed it from my buddy for a few trips last year it isn't mine. Do you love your blue lake now that you've changed fins?

:lol: I just got mine a few weeks ago and I have not even ridden it yet. I was hoping someone else would comment.

I'll give you a short review of it.

It's the slowest board I've ridden, heavy as hell, and doesn't fit in wakesurf racks.

Good review! Now, what do you like? Have you tried one of the Walker boards?

It's the slowest board I've ridden, heavy as hell, and doesn't fit in wakesurf racks.

OK. Good to know. For sure it is heavy.

I like the inland surfer boards, I haven't ridden one that I haven't liked yet, all for different reasons. I've never ridden a Walker but woulld like to.

Has anyone riden the swallow from inland surfer? How does it compare to the blue lake?

They are both fast boards which is a nice feature IMO. The swallow is faster to cut/maneuver and do tricks. The blue lake is capable of those things as well just a little slower to do so. Just my opinion.

Wow, just crushed his dreams for that board.lol. Has anyone ridden the shred stix comp 1 ?

Wow, just crushed his dreams for that board.lol. Has anyone ridden the shred stix comp 1 ?

Haha really wasn't trying to just being honest. It might work for him, didn't for me though. It was so heavy and slow I couldn't stay in the pocket with that board. I thought maybe I was to big for it but I ride a Yellow Loogy no problem and it's my board of choice.

Haha really wasn't trying to just being honest. It might work for him, didn't for me though. It was so heavy and slow I couldn't stay in the pocket with that board. I thought maybe I was to big for it but I ride a Yellow Loogy no problem and it's my board of choice.

Well, I am interested to see how it works out for sure. Slingshot products haven't let me down so far, so I am holding out hope! Was worried about it not fitting in our surf rack, but it just squeezes into our NICE dual surf rack. Will definately be taking our SMED board along the first time as that is a proven board for us.

I spent the day riding my new Walker. Wow it was fast... I had to speed up the boat from 9.8 MPH to 10.6 just to keep from riding up to the swim deck. It made quick cuts and I can't wait to get more time on it.

Here is a pic of today.

post-8836-127043383457_thumb.jpg

I'm not an expert by any means, but if you want a surf style board to be faster, you put bigger fins on it. I'm not sure if you have the option for 3 fins on that board, but the placement of the fins can have a lot to do with how easy it is to turn the board. I have an Outlaw made by Walker and it's plenty fast for me with two fins and turns easier than it does with 3.

I'm still learning how to ride the thing. It's been a bit of a challenge switching from a skim style (Oogle) to the surf style.

As for what to get, I like my board and have heard nothing but good things about Walker boards. Inland Surfer also has a great selection which you probably know since you've been riding one. You might want to demo a skim style board if you can. Could be that's your cup of tea vs. the surf style. Good luck in your search.

Well, I am interested to see how it works out for sure. Slingshot products haven't let me down so far, so I am holding out hope! Was worried about it not fitting in our surf rack, but it just squeezes into our NICE dual surf rack. Will definately be taking our SMED board along the first time as that is a proven board for us.

Just picked up an Arcane today....have been riding an P5 Oogle and wanted to try a surf style. We have bigger riders (from 150-240lbs). Have been told that the Arcane is fast if you lean forward on it and that we may want to take out 2 of the 4 fins to slow it down when getting used to to putting more weight on the back foot than the front. Hopefully will get to try it out this weekend.

Post how your first runs with it go, very curious to see what you think.

martinarcher

I have a Blue Lake that I bout last year. It's the two fin model and one of the fins were broken off. I rode it through the end of the season and it felt really loose. You could easily kick the board sideways. I ended up buying a pair of larger fins over the winter and am curious to see how it will ride. Too bad I'll be in Australia for the next two week. Cry.gif

I'm sure fin size will have a huge difference in how the board rides. I was looking for a bit more locked in feel so I went larger.