Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Personal Best Tonight!!

apexeon

Yahoo.gif Had my best ride ever tonight. Usually I run into 34 mph at 15 off and get one or two at 34/22 off after several trys. However, today I ran 32/15, 34/15, 34/22 and got 3 at 34/28 OUT OF THE BOAT. Yahoo.gif I have never done that well before and I hadn't been on the water in three weeks. My ski partner also skied well, going into 34/35off.

Did I mention this was on a vintage Kidder Redline that I have had since 1989. I got a HO Truth this year and could not even complete a pass at 32/15 off. After a really bad fall on the truth That ski went to e-bay for someone else to enjoy. Innocent.gif Still thinking about a new ski but don't really know which to try.

I had a day like that once ... better check the speedos and the turn bouy distance!

Were you in WI?

Forgot to say that I'm happy for you tho!

Edited by Texasguy

You should definitely move up to a modern ski. However, you should realize that there may be some discomfort involved as you evolve. A new ski may not handle the way you want it to out of the box--first, you need to feel it out; second, binding and fin adjustments make a big difference.

Congrats on your PB and good luck with a new ski!

You should definitely move up to a modern ski. However, you should realize that there may be some discomfort involved as you evolve. A new ski may not handle the way you want it to out of the box--first, you need to feel it out; second, binding and fin adjustments make a big difference.

Do you have any suggestions? The HO Truth put a bad taste in my mouth as well as a back injury that put me out for a month. I thought about a Kidder CR-7 from Wiley's.

Did I mention this was on a vintage Kidder Redline that I have had since 1989. 

WOW. I have that same ski. My Grandpa got it for me for taking care of his yard one summer. I don't think I will ever get rid of it.

I am all looking at getting a truth though........

Do you have any suggestions? The HO Truth put a bad taste in my mouth as well as a back injury that put me out for a month. I thought about a Kidder CR-7 from Wiley's.

I had a HO Phantom Truth. Not that it's a bad ski, but I couldn't handle it. It was so fast and unforgiving. I got rid of it, and bought a CR-7. Out of the box I was skiing better on it than anything else I've skied, including a Truth. It's very forgiving and predictable.