Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How much weight is to much for the ski locker?

nbeihl

I was thinking about adding a sack to my ski locker. (1992 Euro F3 Open bow)

I was wondering if the ski locker can support the weight. It looks like it is all made of relatively thin fiberglass suspended from the floor. The locker does not have any support from the bottom, making me think that it can not take much more weight than skis and ropes.

What do you think?

Edited by nbeihl

I was thinking about adding a sack to my ski locker. (1992 Euro F3 Open bow)

I was wondering if the ski locker can support the weight. It looks like it is all made of relatively thin fiberglass suspended from the floor. The locker does not have any support from the bottom, making me think that it can not take much more weight than skis and ropes.

What do you think?

The floor of my ski locker is the bottom of the boat. There is a bilge liner they put in there to make it look finished, but under that is the keel.

Could you remove the suspended fiberglass and just use the floor of the boat? Even if the suspended fiberglass would take the weight it may come down when you hit rough water.

Some people talk about putting balast in their ski locker. I am now guessing that those people have ski lockers that are not suspended.