Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oil bath bearings

BU Crew....I have a boatmate trailer with oil bath bearing. How do you put oil in them. Is this hard process? Should I have the dealer do this? Any help and instructions would be appreciated. Thanks

BU Crew....I have a boatmate trailer with oil bath bearing. How do you put oil in them. Is this hard process? Should I have the dealer do this? Any help and instructions would be appreciated. Thanks

There's a set screw on the hub. turn it so it faces up, unscrew it, and carefully add 50wt oil all the way to the top, let all the air bubbles come out, replace set screw.

Damn it, Pete beat me to it!

Edited by Ndawg12

Bah ha ha.

I'm on vacation all week and have nothing better to do than answer questions on the crew.

Oh, wait, I do have some baseboards I gotta get installed. Dammit.

Hey Nate,

Maybe it's time to upgrade to a high speed internet connection. :whistle:

Get rid of that old dial up and maybe you'd beat me. :rofl:

Hey Nate,

Maybe it's time to upgrade to a high speed internet connection. :whistle:

Get rid of that old dial up and maybe you'd beat me. :rofl:

I'm on my aircard with a full signal, every now and then I have to do this thing called "work" for a few minutes, it really gets in the way of my TMC time!!

I've heard of people running 80W90. good or bad... comments? I don't have access to the manufacturers oil without a long and painful international shipping fiasco. You would think a 80W90 hypoid gear oil would work well as a rear diffs also run taper roller bearings?

:plus1: They recommend a specific type and weight of oil for a reason. I'd suggest you go with what is recommended.

Ed