Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tsusnami or Pirana Pumps

old skool malibu

Just curious how Malibu deals with this possible auto drain issue on the stock system? As there is no turnable valve I assume that the drain is high enough above the ballast tank that it will not autodrain?

Yeah I mean Aerator. Malibu's tanks are so far below the water line and where the drain exits the boat that it's not an issue.

Yeah I mean Aerator. Malibu's tanks are so far below the water line and where the drain exits the boat that it's not an issue.

it also has to deal with the height the water in the stock hard tank has to travel above the water line to reach the drain hole.

you could try to stop the auto drain issue with no valves by plumbing the drain lines to your non surf side. the height of the the non surf side is much higher than the surf side and therefore the water must travel up hill to drain.

it also has to deal with the height the water in the stock hard tank has to travel above the water line to reach the drain hole.

you could try to stop the auto drain issue with no valves by plumbing the drain lines to your non surf side. the height of the the non surf side is much higher than the surf side and therefore the water must travel up hill to drain.

Thanks Rhino. How about the fill pump though..it is below or at the same level as the hard tank so you would think there must be autodrain issues..I assume the must be a one way valve (check valve installed).

Thanks Rhino. How about the fill pump though..it is below or at the same level as the hard tank so you would think there must be autodrain issues..I assume the must be a one way valve (check valve installed).

The fill pumps have Anti Siphon loops in line that prevent auto filling/draining.

No Problem. We started wakesurfing in 06 with launch pad sacs in a 23lsv. I then bought a 247. we had six sacs in total we would fill. two tsunami pumps on each sac. we had to do that twice. it was not long after i began to mess around with an automatic system that makes a great wave and is all sacs are not visible. the system i have now is exactly that way. this is through tried and true experimentation and FAILURE. I hope my experience helps.