Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Barefoot on a V-Drive?

Texasguy

Does anyone use a boom on a V-Drive?

Am I outta my head or can it work?

Is there too much spray coming out the side or does it work OK?

I know long line won't be all that much different but I still have a few willing victims, er...I mean, friends, that want to learn to foot on a boom.

Any thoughts or experience would be helpful.

Just picked up a scratch and dent V drive boom for $300 shipped and tried it out. It worked just fine even without the extension on our 21' boat when holding right onto the boom. With a 5' rope, the extension will likely be necessary to get out of the spray. We didn't have time to try that before the boat came out for the season. She's in hibernation now. :(

We have a deluxe Quad V boom from Barefoot International with an extension. Great training tool for the kiddies. We routinely get 4 & 5 year olds up. They have great after sales support. This is our 3rd boom from them and are really pleased. We foot on it primarily for training before the long line. With the extension, there is almost no spray on the skier. I can post a picture if interested.

We have a deluxe Quad V boom from Barefoot International with an extension. Great training tool for the kiddies. We routinely get 4 & 5 year olds up. They have great after sales support. This is our 3rd boom from them and are really pleased. We foot on it primarily for training before the long line. With the extension, there is almost no spray on the skier. I can post a picture if interested.

Roger,

What boat do you have and how is the spray on a 5' line?

My thought is that the boom is farther back on a v-drive than a center pylon so you are closer to the spray.

Thanks

Roger,

What boat do you have and how is the spray on a 5' line?

My thought is that the boom is farther back on a v-drive than a center pylon so you are closer to the spray.

Thanks

I have an 05 LSV. On a short line, we needed the 18" extension to get it out of the spray. We also have a kid handle way out on the end. The smaller size works well for them.