Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bittersweet Day - Sold the Bu!

Badger

I sold my iRide today. My wife and I have been looking for a full time lakefront place since we sold our cottage last summer without much luck. We've had an offer in on a short sale for 7 weeks now without any feedback from the first of two banks which hold mortgages. Therefore, we are getting nervous that it may not work out, and there hasn't been anything else on the market that's of interest. For all the talk about the market flooded with homes that aren't selling, there are very few decent lakefront homes for sale in the Detroit area. We decided that we didn't want the risk of going the summer without having a place, and end up not using boat all summer.

The good news is that if we do get a place my wonderful wife is onboard with the idea of a new boat. The price of the new house will determine whether it will be a new VTX with diamond hull or I may be seeking out a '01-'04 Sunscape.

Although I'll be excited for a new boat, it's still sad to think that my first inboard is gone :cry:

I just had the same feelings a month or so ago.I still kinda miss that boat.However i got a newer one a little sooner than i thought so it worked out ok.Congrats on the sell good luck with the home search. A lakefront home is a pipe dream for me :cry:

I just sold my first 'Bu last week. A 98 Sunsetter LX... in which I put a TON of sweat equity! It was worth it and I learn a ton about inboards in the process. Fortunately, a great deal on a newer boat popped up sooner than I thought I'd want one. C'est la vie! I got to stay in the family

If you need a ride come on up. PS I have a excellent slalom ride but you will be disappointed if you are looking for a board ride. I don't think you could even surf. :dontknow:

Thanks all...

Of course though, I sign on the dotted line at 6PM last night to sell, and get an email this morning from the seller's agent that she finally got approval from the 1st mortgage and is on the 2nd as of today.

I can understand the trepidation of owning a boat and not having a lakefront property. My family has always had lakefront available, whether it was my grandparent's or my parent's. My wife and I won't be in a financial situation to own lakefront property anytime soon, so we bought our first boat with the mindset of a new type of boating--adventure. We will be buying plenty of lake maps and scouting for good places to go closer to home. My parents, brother, and uncle still have lake homes, so we still have our safety net, but they are an hour or more away. We'll see this summer how many times we get out on local lakes during the week, then plan larger trips for weekends.

Just a thought, although I suppose for many it would be like going back to a car without power windows, just an annoyance.

Good luck on your mortgage situation and good luck searching for a new 'Bu! (Sometimes that's half the fun.)

We found our place from the water. Had a small house and two lots in a very nice location. when I retired we built our home. I am in heaven now...... :biggrin:

Thanks all...

Of course though, I sign on the dotted line at 6PM last night to sell, and get an email this morning from the seller's agent that she finally got approval from the 1st mortgage and is on the 2nd as of today.

Which lake are you buying on? I'm down in Novi.. no lake.. no boat :cry:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, if short sales in your area are anything like mine be prepared for several months. Sometimes I think they are trying to wear down the seller into foreclosure.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, if short sales in your area are anything like mine be prepared for several months. Sometimes I think they are trying to wear down the seller into foreclosure.

Yeah. 4-6 months seems about average around here.

Yes, the frustrating part is that we had a deal done with the banks on this house last fall, but the homeowner backed out at the last minute. That process took just under 3 months. The homeowner then decided later he would sell so we are trying again, but had to start from scratch. We'd hoped it might be quicker this time since it's basically the same deal, but apparently not.

The house is on Lake Sherwood.

I mailed the title in yesterday, so it's time to start researching the new boat.

Yes, the frustrating part is that we had a deal done with the banks on this house last fall, but the homeowner backed out at the last minute. That process took just under 3 months. The homeowner then decided later he would sell so we are trying again, but had to start from scratch. We'd hoped it might be quicker this time since it's basically the same deal, but apparently not.

The house is on Lake Sherwood.

I mailed the title in yesterday, so it's time to start researching the new boat.

Congrats! I have never skied on that lake (I've been away from it for WAY to long), but have some friends who live there and they love it. Good luck!