Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeboard Vids behind a Malibu

justin 2008 247lsv

Heres a video I made last year behind my boat, lets see some more.

nice. But the angle from behind... uh if you crash don't you get ranned over?

Edited by shawndoggy

nice. But the angle from behind... uh if you crash don't you get ranned over?

Yea but ur not supposed to crash :biggrin:

thats my good buddy who does a really big railey. anyone have some good ones I need to get inspired to try some fresh stuff

thats my good buddy who does a really big railey. anyone have some good ones I need to get inspired to try some fresh stuff

How do you like the 247 wake in comparison to the other malibus for wakeboarding and surfing? I just bought a 247. Hopefully I got the right boat

Oh man ull love the 247. I Had a 23 lsv before it's just a good boat as the 247, but for wakeboarding the wake is just ridiculous if it's set up right. The power wedge is tricky from boat to boat you just need to find the sweet spot for your boat. You'll love it I love mine. What kind of engine package did u get?

Oh man ull love the 247. I Had a 23 lsv before it's just a good boat as the 247, but for wakeboarding the wake is just ridiculous if it's set up right. The power wedge is tricky from boat to boat you just need to find the sweet spot for your boat. You'll love it I love mine. What kind of engine package did u get?

That's awesome to hear!! How do you weight it for wakeboarding?The boat has the 8.1 liter

Weigh it as in ? For wakeboarding full ballast, wedge halfway down (usually makes it peakier than if it were all the way down). On the lsv if just starting out ride at 65 or 60 but if u can clear the wake or what not 70 to 75 is good. I personally ride at. 85 feet out and about 22 mph I about right for wakeboarding. It u wanna really see what a diffrence the wedge makes when ur planing u can adjust it and watch how it changes the wake to your liking.

Weigh it as in ? For wakeboarding full ballast, wedge halfway down (usually makes it peakier than if it were all the way down). On the lsv if just starting out ride at 65 or 60 but if u can clear the wake or what not 70 to 75 is good. I personally ride at. 85 feet out and about 22 mph I about right for wakeboarding. It u wanna really see what a diffrence the wedge makes when ur planing u can adjust it and watch how it changes the wake to your liking.

nice I was just wondering if you added additional weight on top of the standard ballast? I am assuming then that it was just stock in the video. I am super excited if that is just a stock wake in that video!!!!

Yea that's just ballast, wedge, and a fe people in the boat. But I have 4 ballast tanks in the boat, they are stock tho. Oh yea she throws off a pretty wave

nice video, what camera is that I am going to shoot another video this year, a way better one and I need to start by getting another camera. And what editing software did u use I just used imovie

nice video, what camera is that I am going to shoot another video this year, a way better one and I need to start by getting another camera. And what editing software did u use I just used imovie

Imovie and Canon Vixia HV30. It was the first time I used it.. looking forward to making some more vids this summer!

Did u use anything to protect ur camera for those in water shots. It looks like u sat there in the water with the camera. I used a jet ski for most of the angles trying to get some good ideas for some nice angles

Did u use anything to protect ur camera for those in water shots. It looks like u sat there in the water with the camera. I used a jet ski for most of the angles trying to get some good ideas for some nice angles

No i was standing on a sandbar that was about 3 feet deep... just was very careful not to get the camera wet. They make a underwater shell for it but its pretty pricey..

No i was standing on a sandbar that was about 3 feet deep... just was very careful not to get the camera wet. They make a underwater shell for it but its pretty pricey..

U think your camera was worth the money? The quality looked good. Id like to get 1080p HD camera tho if im gonna spend the money.

I think it was worth the money... I bought it used for a good price tho. It is a 1080 HD camera. Do a lot of research.. you will find several cameras that are very cheap that advertise 1080p, but even though they have high resolution everything else sucks.

The quality on the youtube video isn't as good as it is when I view it on my computer hardriver... think some quality was lost in the upload process.

Here are a couple of videos we shot of a friend of mine behind our 247 a couple of summers ago. He runs 3CoreCamp out of Sacramento, CA.

Here are a couple of videos we shot of a friend of mine behind our 247 a couple of summers ago. He runs 3CoreCamp out of Sacramento, CA.

That water looks awesome. I bet its good all day.