Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

exhaust fumes

Brett99ld

I have an 05 Wakesetter LSV and already have the stainless steel turndown exhaust tips. When surfing I get a lot of fumes coming up around the back end of the boat. I know this isnt very safe and want to know if there is something I can do/ add to the exhaust system to get rid of this problem? Any help would be much appreciated!

I have an 05 Wakesetter LSV and already have the stainless steel turndown exhaust tips. When surfing I get a lot of fumes coming up around the back end of the boat. I know this isnt very safe and want to know if there is something I can do/ add to the exhaust system to get rid of this problem? Any help would be much appreciated!

I have a cheap solution. One of these from Amazon..only 25 bucks! Problem solved...and you look cool at the same time. Definite chick magnet.

315N6NKNSQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by areamike

Thanks for the info and the laughs. FAE is exactly what Im looking for. Little pricey but I would rather pay it than have someone pass out off the swim step and drown!!

Brett,

You might be the first and only person on this site to have that installed.

If and when you buy and install it, we'd love to get your feedback.

Thanks for the info and the laughs. FAE is exactly what Im looking for. Little pricey but I would rather pay it than have someone pass out off the swim step and drown!!

If you have a manual wedge better bring along the snorkel gear to attach the wedge when you need it. Does anyone have this FAE setup with a manual wedge?

post-9064-127015372133_thumb.jpg

If you have a manual wedge better bring along the snorkel gear to attach the wedge when you need it. Does anyone have this FAE setup with a manual wedge?

post-9064-127015372133_thumb.jpg

Wait a second. I'm no physicist, but how do you get the wedge past the FAE? Is that the ole "saw the lady in half trick"? :unsure:

Here's someone that installed. It. I guess they leave their wedge down all the time

Link

Edited by areamike

Wait a second. I'm no physicist, but how do you get the wedge past the FAE? Is that the ole "saw the lady in half trick"? :unsure:

You don't get it past the FAE. The foil mounts to the underside of the swim deck when not in use. The arms that connect to the foil stay in the down position. Putting the foil on and removing it on the water have to be a real PITA.

You don't get it past the FAE. The foil mounts to the underside of the swim deck when not in use. The arms that connect to the foil stay in the down position. Putting the foil on and removing it on the water have to be a real PITA.

So you have to REMOVE the wedge completely or leave it down all the time? Or build and FAE that extends out past the wedge?

Are you sure of that? I thought there was a workaround.

look at the first pic... that fae extends past the wedge so it looks like it can go up and down without a prob. The manual wedge one.... well that seems like some defeatist engineering.

Are you sure of that? I thought there was a workaround.

The picture I posted was from the FAE website. It looks like they extend it all the way out if you have the power wedge, but for the manual wedge you are swimming under the swim deck to mount your foil. post-9064-127015650766_thumb.jpg

post-9064-127015648639_thumb.jpg

post-9064-127015649666_thumb.jpg

Mike,

That guy "Smed" that you link to is on this board, his screen name is "Smedman"

Someone could drop him a dime concerning the man. wedge set up.

It would seem to me that the way to go would be with the newer power wedge FAE set up, if it's possible.

Mike,

That guy "Smed" that you link to is on this board, his screen name is "Smedman"

Someone could drop him a dime concerning the man. wedge set up.

It would seem to me that the way to go would be with the newer power wedge FAE set up, if it's possible.

Huh..Well I'll be. Small world. :)

Has anyone tried simply adding an extension, either a rubber hose or stainless, to turndown style exhaust pipes? I know it is not as good as FAE's prop wash special, but wouldn't shoving the exhaust deeper down dramatically improve CO output around the tailboard?

Has anyone tried simply adding an extension, either a rubber hose or stainless, to turndown style exhaust pipes? I know it is not as good as FAE's prop wash special, but wouldn't shoving the exhaust deeper down dramatically improve CO output around the tailboard?

I have a novel idea. How about leaving surfing where it belongs...on the Ocean waves! :whistle: