Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wake tower for 2001 response lx

jimbo33l

Anyone know of a good tower for my boat? i found the monster towers that come with speakers wake racks and rearview mirror for 1700-2000 dollars but i dont know if this is the best for my boat... any ideas?

Install isn't too hard but does require drilling holes in the boat, if you may have an issue with that may be worth the 3 hours of labor for the dealer to put it on.

-Chris

I agree with the Titan (Star One) being the way to go.

I was just on onlyinboards yesterday and they've added a bunch of towers to their page, including the Star One's. They are listed as series one, two, and three. Links and prices for one and two, but no link or price for the three. :(

On a boat like yours, I wouldn't put a Monster on it. Recently, someone on here found that XTP, who is owned by Monster now, will still produce their tower for that boat, but I've tried to get a hold of them briefly and failed. I've attached a random boat for sale with it on for reference.

post-12034-127004541233_thumb.jpg

The XTP will fit an Lx? I'd call it up there with the Titan III version on the DL6 as far as looks but I wasn't even sure it would fit.

okay i have decided on the titan II tower, but i would like to do it myself if i can, to save the money for other things of course... Do you guys have a link or a thread with someone having done a tower install? i mean i heard that on a boat as old as mine you have to put some backing plates in there, so just kinda wanna read and learn.