Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Maliview installation in 08 wakesetter

willardbay

When I purchased my new 08 malibu 247 wakesetter last spring, the salesman informed me that they could retrofit the boat with the maliview. It turned out to be quite a selling point. I spoke with the salesman each time i was in the dealership(following the 247 purchase) about getting me a price which never happened. The owner informed me yesterday that Malibu would not allow them to place the Maliview in the 08's. When questioned about the sales tactic, the owner said that Malibu would allow the retrofit only if it they would otherwise lose the sale. I told them they may have lost my sale if this information were known then. Has anyone else had this issue?

Edited by willardbay

malivue came out well after i purchased my boat, but i too was disappointed when i found out malivue could be retrofitted into an '08 but that Malibu has chosen to not allow that.

i still love my boat but that tease that was going on there for awhile wasn't good.

As far as I know, Maliview is not available for any 2008 boat. I will confirm with the factory and let you know.

-Paul

:plus1:

i talked to a rep about that today. he stated it was not available. too many issues in the retrofit, plus the extra warranty concerns for malibu.

My dealer also said that Malibu will not get him parts for a retro fit because they were offering it as a free upgrade to purchase a new boat. I was told that maybe next year they will allow the retro of the Maliview.

My dealer also said that Malibu will not get him parts for a retro fit because they were offering it as a free upgrade to purchase a new boat. I was told that maybe next year they will allow the retro of the Maliview....

....after warranty has expired.

didnt you folks at bakes do some maliview upgrades already??

i do recall that as well.

There may have been a period of flux when the policy development processes had not been fully determined moving forward.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the Maliview put in my 2008 23LSV and I love it!!! I was one of the few who took advantage of the promotion that Malibu offered for a very short time. They threw it in with the purchase of my boat when I bought it last June. It took Malibu about 4 months to get it to me, but they finally came through.

I bought a 2008 LSV 23 two months ago and it has the Maliviue upgrade. I didn't realize it was that rare. Has anyone with the upgrade had any issues to date?