Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

FINALLY got the Bu' on the water today!!

A7X_LSV_23

Said a few times, this is my first Bu/Inboard, bought it back in January. So far, after today, LOVE IT!!!! Definitely a totally different animal from a stern drive tho! Going to take a lot to get used to! Here's a few pics from today with a couple of the guys I met up with! I just got on the slalom for the first time wearing the Eagle Drysuit wanting to check it out and was way to sore to get on the board so. Not going to be able to walk for a week! BTW 4% Limo tint!

Air temp in Utah (Willard Bay) was Mid 50's

Water temp was 48 on the gauge, Prob really around 40.

Ballast is just stock for now with the wedge (manual). Might be buying some bags for the rear soon.

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0294.jpg

DSC_0306.jpg

_MG_1191.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

DSC_0235.jpg

DSC_0238.jpg

Edited by A7X_LSV_23

Mountain backdrop is spectacular and a great looking boat :thumbup: ; wish I could get out for a ride behind mine.

Edited by Kingfish

Yeah, snow in the background while wakeboarding. Good pics, nice looking boat.

I would like to tint my windows but I heard it creates a horrible glare once they are tinted. Did you notice it?

Is that dry suit worth it? never tried one.

I don't get any glare at all off the windshield! You can't really see out of them all to well, but with the curved glass, I ALWAYS look over the top of the windshield because a lot of things can hide behind that curve when your driving.

The Eagle Sports drysuit w/Oneil waterproof 3mm Neoprene gloves and 3mm Neoprene socks were by far the best purchase I've EVER made with the boat, besides the boat itself :) There's no way we would have been getting in the water at those temps! With the Latex neck seal, putting it on at home felt REALLY uncomfortable. Get it in the water and that's seriously the last thing on your mind! Didn't bug me one bit. The front entry is the way to go as well! I would recommend a drysuit to anyone. I was seriously sweating when I got out of the water. Quick pic:

DSC_0160.jpg

brrrrr....cccold.

those are great pics! you will love your bu even more when it's warm!

I am curious, do the wetsocks make it difficult to get your foot in the boots??

I love the snowy mountains in the background!

Wakechick3 - As far the the Fit, or being tight, No the socks weren't hard. But the material they're made out of, yes. Little Boot Goop or soup and they slide right in. But they kept my feet toasty warm. Wasn't cold one bit. Only part I felt the cold water was on my face. Other then that, we all got FRIED!!! Only mid to high 50's but geez. I can't believe how sunburned we are.

It’s always great to get out on the water when there is snow in the mts. Eagle products are top notch. If you do add weight assuming you have the front ballast tank is add about 200lbs. before adding more to the rear is my suggestion. The free floating wedge it’s a great upgrade to the fixed wedge as well, after all it’s only money…lol Got skiing in w/ a dry suit with air 73 and lake 60, but last month it was Air 53 lake 45.....

man you guys are die hard. I went to the lake for the first time yesterday here in AZ. Air temp 85, water 68. I cant WAIT till it warms up cuz it felt COLD!!!

Edited by mellen_mpz

Looks like you had a great time. Not too crowded, huh? Great time to get out.

Nice looking boat.

Keep some sunscreen in the boat so you always have it when you need it.

Nice pics with the boat behind the boarder. How 'bout a pic from that boat looking at the boarder from behind.

(Now, before anyone says it...I said a pic "from", not "at"). :lol:

I have seen your boat out at Willard before. It was the end of last season so must have been the prior owners. Any ice chunks left on the lake? I have been wanting to take the boat out there, but the water needs to be at least in the mid to high 50's for me to consider getting in with just my wetsuit.

The boat already has the hard tank up front, the center, and the two rears. We were using the wedge but honestly it feels like dragging a damn anchor... I think I'd rather just throw more bags in the rear and Not use the wedge honestly. Any one else has opinions?

And the lake was WAY crowded! ;) With bank fisherman wondering if we're seriously wakeboarding right now lol. It was quiet funny some of the looks we got driving by.

This is the first time this actual boat has ever touched water in Utah. I picked it up from Cali in January so. There must be another one like it! :) BTW, ditch the wetsuit and buy ya a drysuit! You won't regret it! There was one more boat on the water (fisherman) driving around, other then that, it was glass from 11am to 4pm. You won't see that when the water warms up.

The boat already has the hard tank up front, the center, and the two rears. We were using the wedge but honestly it feels like dragging a damn anchor... I think I'd rather just throw more bags in the rear and Not use the wedge honestly. Any one else has opinions?

And the lake was WAY crowded! Wink.gif With bank fisherman wondering if we're seriously wakeboarding right now lol. It was quiet funny some of the looks we got driving by.

This is the first time this actual boat has ever touched water in Utah. I picked it up from Cali in January so. There must be another one like it! Smile.gif BTW, ditch the wetsuit and buy ya a drysuit! You won't regret it! There was one more boat on the water (fisherman) driving around, other then that, it was glass from 11am to 4pm. You won't see that when the water warms up.

It’s all personal choice of which setup to use. We prefer the wedge but these boats love added weight to the front. It helps to thicken the wake up and really adds a more “rampyness” as well. I’ve been driving w/ the wedge for years while turning around takes a bit more throttle it’s not that much. I also wouldn't care for everytime you'r out wakeboarding neededing to fill more sacs taking up space and time when the wedge accomplishes it.

I like the wedge. It makes the wake a bit taller for wakeboarding and is a must for wake surfing IMO. Add weight and the wedge and you get a monster wake.

man you guys are die hard. I went to the lake for the first time yesterday here in AZ. Air temp 85, water 68. I cant WAIT till it warms up cuz it felt COLD!!!

water temp was 49 when I was out last week, snow on the mountain tops......... but hey I am Canadian

And the lake was WAY crowded! ;) With bank fisherman wondering if we're seriously wakeboarding right now lol. It was quiet funny some of the looks we got driving by.

This is the first time this actual boat has ever touched water in Utah. I picked it up from Cali in January so. There must be another one like it! :) BTW, ditch the wetsuit and buy ya a drysuit! You won't regret it! There was one more boat on the water (fisherman) driving around, other then that, it was glass from 11am to 4pm. You won't see that when the water warms up.

It is a matter of preference. The boat doesn't handle as well with the wedge down. I prefer the shape of the wake with the wedge up and the ballast tanks full. I've probably only used the wedge a few times in the last couple of years. It does make a difference for wakesurfing.

With those air and water temps that gives me the balls to go out and ride soon. I'll be on the water in no time !!!!! :thumbup:

Edited by travlnmannn