Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Do i MUX switch or normal

phenom152

i have a 05 v ride and i dont know how to tell if a have mux style or not (little confused) have a light tower bar coming this week and would like to install it, can i not just ground the light to a terminal ground strip, and switch the hot off the acc switch on the dash and protect it with a fuse. the way my setup is now the fuse panel has no wires going to Tower Light but the two aux switches i need already have power to them should i remove the present wires from the switches and power both from the fuse panel so they are protected there insted of the old squared or inline fuses

Edited by phenom152

i have a 05 v ride and i dont know how to tell if a have mux style or not (little confused) have a light tower bar coming this week and would like to install it, can i not just ground the light to a terminal ground strip, and switch the hot off the acc switch on the dash and protect it with a fuse. the way my setup is now the fuse panel has no wires going to Tower Light but the two aux switches i need already have power to them should i remove the present wires from the switches and power both from the fuse panel so they are protected there insted of the old squared or inline fuses

You have rocker switches, Mux switches are digital.

You have rocker switches, Mux switches are digital.

YEA I WAS JUST ON BAKES AND REALIZED THAT I HAVE ROCKER, BUT CURIOS ON THE BEST WAY TO WIRE THEM AND WERE THE SWITCHES GET THERE VOLTAGE FROM NOW SEEMS I SHOULD POWER THEM FROM THE FUSE PANEL, AND DISCONNECT THE CURRENT ORANGE WIRES FROM THE SWITCHES SINCE THE FUSE HAS CONSTANT VOLTAGE NOW(QUOTE ME IF IM WRONG)SOME ONE CHIME IN ON THIS, ALSO WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO FISH THE WIRES THROUGH THE TITAN TUBE TOWER IF SOME ONE HAS DONE THIS

YEA I WAS JUST ON BAKES AND REALIZED THAT I HAVE ROCKER, BUT CURIOS ON THE BEST WAY TO WIRE THEM AND WERE THE SWITCHES GET THERE VOLTAGE FROM NOW SEEMS I SHOULD POWER THEM FROM THE FUSE PANEL, AND DISCONNECT THE CURRENT ORANGE WIRES FROM THE SWITCHES SINCE THE FUSE HAS CONSTANT VOLTAGE NOW(QUOTE ME IF IM WRONG)SOME ONE CHIME IN ON THIS, ALSO WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO FISH THE WIRES THROUGH THE TITAN TUBE TOWER IF SOME ONE HAS DONE THIS

If the switch didn't have constant voltage how do you think it would work when you fliped the switch? Sounds like it's wired fine I'd leave it alone.

Edited by 06vlx

If the switch didn't have constant voltage how do you think it would work when you fliped the switch? Sounds like it's wired fine I'd leave it alone.

THATS NOT WHAT IM SAYING, IT WAS FACTORY POWERED ALL THE POWER DOES NOW IS TURN THE AUX LIGHT ON THEREFORE I WOULD NEED TO ADD A FUSE FOR MY LIGHTS B/C I DONT KNOW WERE OR IF IT IS PROTECTED, COMMON SENCE TELLS ME THAT IF THERE IS NO POWER THEN THEREFORE NO LIGHT, I AM A ELECTRICIAN JUST WOULD RATHER DO THIS THE CORRECT WAY AND HAVE IT PROTECTED THE RIGHT WAY, JUST NOT VERY COMFORTABLE WITH THE WIRING ON A MALIBU, LOOKS TO ME THE FUSE PANEL HAS A CONSTANT FEED(TOWER LIGHT FUSE) THEREFORE FEED THE SWITCH FROM THAT, THEN OUT OF THE SWITCH TO THE LIGHTS JUST NOT FOR SURE :unsure:

Edited by phenom152

THATS NOT WHAT IM SAYING, IT WAS FACTORY POWERED ALL THE POWER DOES NOW IS TURN THE AUX LIGHT ON THEREFORE I WOULD NEED TO ADD A FUSE FOR MY LIGHTS B/C I DONT KNOW WERE OR IF IT IS PROTECTED, COMMON SENCE TELLS ME THAT IF THERE IS NO POWER THEN THEREFORE NO LIGHT, I AM A ELECTRICIAN JUST WOULD RATHER DO THIS THE CORRECT WAY AND HAVE IT PROTECTED THE RIGHT WAY, JUST NOT VERY COMFORTABLE WITH THE WIRING ON A MALIBU, LOOKS TO ME THE FUSE PANEL HAS A CONSTANT FEED(TOWER LIGHT FUSE) THEREFORE FEED THE SWITCH FROM THAT, THEN OUT OF THE SWITCH TO THE LIGHTS JUST NOT FOR SURE :unsure:

Step 1 - Turn your caps lock OFF.

Step 2- Proceed with your plan, sounds good. You just need to wire your lights to the switch.

Edited by 06vlx

Step 1 - Turn your caps lock OFF.

Step 2- Proceed with your plan, sounds good. You just need to wire your lights to the switch.

WHAT DOES CAPS HAVE TO DO WITH IT SMARTASS :cry:, but can some one that has had to do this or has had this issue chime in on this ready to go forward with it thanks,

Edited by phenom152

WHAT DOES CAPS HAVE TO DO WITH IT SMARTASS :cry:, but can some one that has had to do this or has had this issue chime in on this ready to go forward with it thanks,

Figure out how to type it makes it easier to communicate on a forum. Not that you can probably help it but try not to be a d-bag. 15 posts and you're billy badass on the computer huh?

Edited by 06vlx

Figure out how to type it makes it easier to communicate on a forum. Not that you can probably help it but try not to be a d-bag. 15 posts and you're billy badass on the computer huh?

ok so i defend myself and u get upset and who is a DOUCHE, i guess everyone picked on u as a kid huh, so u bash someone on a computer, b/c i u CAPS there i go again post 16 yea im bad, i bet ur wife types for u :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ok so i defend myself and u get upset and who is a DOUCHE, i guess everyone picked on u as a kid huh, so u bash someone on a computer, b/c i u CAPS there i go again post 16 yea im bad, i bet ur wife types for u :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ok Darrell you have had your fun, but now it is time to move on.

Edited by Cervelo

Didn't know you were being picked on. You're new here and probably don't know any better so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Chill out dude, I can tell you don't socialize much.

Edited by 06vlx

Didn't know you were being picked on. You're new here and probably don't know any better so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Chill out dude, I can tell you don't socialize much.

ok so it ok for this loser to down me in a wordly way but i cant are yall brothers, so im so bad for asking a question and getting a FEW smartass remarks i appoligize for having to deal with this but is not malibu crew forum and not 06vlx (AKA CAPS). HAVE IT HOW U WANT IT :lol:

ok so it ok for this loser to down me in a wordly way but i cant are yall brothers, so im so bad for asking a question and getting a FEW smartass remarks i appoligize for having to deal with this but is not malibu crew forum and not 06vlx (AKA CAPS). HAVE IT HOW U WANT IT :lol:

You are a straight up ToolBag and need to get a life. Guess you aren't bright enough to figure out I was trying to help you out, it's a tough job

there is nothing valuable in this topic and it is not being taken in a positive direction so why not just close it.

Why hasn't the subway thread been closed then? :dontknow: