Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

replacing perfect pass

Anybody have a idea how to replace a perfect pass gage.

The new one came with a chip, should I replace the old chip or

try it with the original one. By the way, my ride is a 05 vlx wakesetter.

:rockon:

Anybody have a idea how to replace a perfect pass gage.

The new one came with a chip, should I replace the old chip or

try it with the original one. By the way, my ride is a 05 vlx wakesetter.

Rockon.gif

Post up how this goes, my tach does not work but everything else on the PP works great. 04 Wakesetter DD

Replacing the gauge should be straight forward. Pull the old one, install the new one. Maybe you could be be more clear on exactly what you're trying to accomplish?

The chip for the older (pre StarGazer) PP systems goes in the control module, NOT the gauge. The chip contains the software that runs the system. If your new gauge is the multi line display it requires the later version of the software to work with it, other wise the multi line gauge won't work with the older software/chip. You have to get into the control module with a chip puller (available at Radio Shack etc), pull the old chip and replace it with the new one.

If that didn't answer the question post more specific information so we know exactly what it is you're trying to accomplish.

Ed

Did you purchase your new gauge and chip recently, from Perfect Pass directly??

If so, BOTH need replaced. I am doing this job myself. MAKE SURE YOU USE A PLCC Extraction Tool to remove the old chip. You can pick one up from Radio Shack.( Model# 276-2101), as previous poster mentioned.

Also, depending on your boat, year/make/model, the instructions you received from PP, if you bought it from them. is pretty straight forward. If you don't have instructions, I can scan/email them to you. Just PM me.

EDIT: I just checked. You have an '05 Boat. You most likely just received the 6.5ng chip and new multi line gauge. You must replace both!