Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

No cold water pressure from shower

Great hot pressure but no cold pressure. I have a T in the hose just after the raw water pump. I have looked at the screen, blown thru the valves and hose and all is OK. Where did I go wrong with my install? I did a search but did not see any pics or mention of cold water pick up....usually hot issues. Where does the factory pick up on an 07 Vlx? Thanks.

Dave

Great hot pressure but no cold pressure. I have a T in the hose just after the raw water pump. I have looked at the screen, blown thru the valves and hose and all is OK. Where did I go wrong with my install? I did a search but did not see any pics or mention of cold water pick up....usually hot issues. Where does the factory pick up on an 07 Vlx? Thanks.

Dave

You should be ok with the T after the raw water pump. That is where the factory put mine (direct drive). I get low pressure on the cold side as well if the engine is not running. The shower pump is pulling the water from the hose between the raw water pump and the transmission cooler. Not alot of volume in that hose unless the impeller is turning. Have you tried using the shower with the engine running?

You should be ok with the T after the raw water pump. That is where the factory put mine (direct drive). I get low pressure on the cold side as well if the engine is not running. The shower pump is pulling the water from the hose between the raw water pump and the transmission cooler. Not alot of volume in that hose unless the impeller is turning. Have you tried using the shower with the engine running?

Yes. Always with the engine running.

Dave

Does the hot water supply line have it's own pump?

I would think the cold water line BEFORE The raw water pump would give better pressure/flow.

Try revving the engine a little with the shower on and see if the cold water pressure increases.

Have you checked the dials that control how much hot and cold water come out of the shower? Mine are located right under the back seat where you access the transmission. My boat is a little older (02) but there is a T right after the water pump and the transmission cooler as well.

Does the hot water supply line have it's own pump?

I would think the cold water line BEFORE The raw water pump would give better pressure/flow.

Try revving the engine a little with the shower on and see if the cold water pressure increases.

I tried to pickup the cold before the raw water pump but is negative pressure due to the draw of the pump. That was using a y in line with the direction of flow. One pump for mixed water from valves then to head.

Dave

Have you checked the dials that control how much hot and cold water come out of the shower? Mine are located right under the back seat where you access the transmission. My boat is a little older (02) but there is a T right after the water pump and the transmission cooler as well.

I thought about a tee after the cooler but I am sure the flow will be the same. Any other ideas, anyone? Maybe the T needs the same size all three sides then reduced to 1/4"? No?

Dave

I thought about a tee after the cooler but I am sure the flow will be the same. Any other ideas, anyone? Maybe the T needs the same size all three sides then reduced to 1/4"? No?

Dave

That was my next question. What size is your T after the raw water pump?

Dave

are you referring to the screen at the control valve body?

if not it's worth looking at.

the rear of the valve body will come apart exposing a screen at each water inlet.

i also have screens at the point that the supply hoses tap into the water sources.

are you referring to the screen at the control valve body?

if not it's worth looking at.

the rear of the valve body will come apart exposing a screen at each water inlet.

i also have screens at the point that the supply hoses tap into the water sources.

Checked there too! Thanks

Dave

• 3 months later...