Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

my new boat

seekinasylum

http://s1036.photobucket.com/albums/a442/seekinasylum/malibu%20wakesetter/

I bought this boat last sat from Atlanta inboards and love it. It is an 01 wakesetter w center ballast and monsoon motor has 170hrs im planning on rear ballast, perfect pass, and tower speakers.Atlanta inboard fully detailed and buffed the boat before i got it and it looks brand new.I was very happy w the dealership and highly recommend them. I bought some 2004 graphics for it but the wakesetter stickers is kinda growing on me. I cant wait to ride my board behind it.

Congrats looks great :thumbup:

Dont second guess yourself get that ugly old graphic off there it dates the boat;).When i removed it off our previous 01 it was like nite and day i went with the rolling tribal in its place also removed the malibu font above the rub rail and put the new billet Malibu below the rub rail got lots of good comments and nobody could beleive it was an 01.Anyway Congrats again now get that thing on the water and have some fun. :yahoo:

Is there a product that helps get the old sticker off w/out hurting the gel coat or does it just pull off? The new graphics i got have the w in the middle inside a oval w tribal stuff coming off both sides.

Is there a product that helps get the old sticker off w/out hurting the gel coat or does it just pull off? The new graphics i got have the w in the middle inside a oval w tribal stuff coming off both sides.

You can use a hair dryer to get it started. Very low hours for an 01' also.

Welcome to the board :thumbup:

You can use a hair dryer to get it started. Very low hours for an 01' also.

Welcome to the board :thumbup:

yep hairdryer heat and peel,It comes off real easy worked on the 01 and just did it to our 05 yesterday :thumbup: I used turtle wax liquid clay bar and a microfiber towel to get the residual sticky off.

martinarcher

Nice ride! I like to older decals much better than the "tribal" decals as well, but the key is making it look how YOU like. Have fun with it. Looks like an awesome boat! Rockon.gif

I never thought of heat im glad i asked. The only thing im worried about is if i take them off and you can still read wakesetter, my new graphics dont cover all the same area of the old ones. I have done saleen graphics on mustangs i just used soapy water im guessing i can do the same thing here. Is there a cleaner you guys would recommend before i put on new graphics. I couldn't believe it had 170 hrs on it, the dealer said i could put 300 hours on it and sell it for what i paid for it if i wanted, but i plan on keeping it for a long time.

Congrats on the new ride!

I used a hair drier and mineral spirits to take a couple stickers off my old ride. My gel coat was a little discolored from the sun - I put new graphics over the same spot.

Nice looking boat. I bought a 2001 VLX in September like yours but with yellow and gray. It also had the 2004 graphics and seat skins in it. I like the newer graphics.

I never thought of heat im glad i asked. The only thing im worried about is if i take them off and you can still read wakesetter, my new graphics dont cover all the same area of the old ones. I have done saleen graphics on mustangs i just used soapy water im guessing i can do the same thing here. Is there a cleaner you guys would recommend before i put on new graphics. I couldn't believe it had 170 hrs on it, the dealer said i could put 300 hours on it and sell it for what i paid for it if i wanted, but i plan on keeping it for a long time.

You could read the old graphic a little when i took mine off i just used a marine oxidation remover and waxed her up real good.That blended it pretty well the uv will take care of the rest.this was on red which i think is about the worst as far as uv affects.you can heat a very small corner section to see how bad the color is and restick it if you want to.