Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How much does an 07 vlx weigh?

badluck

If you're going to put the boat & trailer on a car lift, I'd probably budget for 6,000 pounds or so. I don't know that it's actually that much, but I wouldn't want to underestimate in this case. I'm sure Tracie or someone else can give you a more specific answer.

Are you thinking about lifting your boat up in your garage so you can park a car below it? If so, I'd love to see some pictures :thumbup:

Edited by RedOwl

I'm actually planning a single post lift. The lift cantilevers.So they are going to add a few degrees into it so it sags to level. They are rated to 6000 but I saw 1 with 7300 lbs Escalade on it.I am hoping to get within 200lbs of what it weighs.Yes, we are going to park under it.

I'm actually planning a single post lift. The lift cantilevers.So they are going to add a few degrees into it so it sags to level. They are rated to 6000 but I saw 1 with 7300 lbs Escalade on it.I am hoping to get within 200lbs of what it weighs.Yes, we are going to park under it.

Depending on how how much weight in fuel/tools/accessories you leave in the boat when on the lift, I'd have to imagine your actual weight is under 6,000 lbs.

Again, that's just a rough guess.

Paul over at Bakes says dry 3600 lbs plus trailer 1200 plus 350 fuel and I'm guessing 500 misc tools batteries stereo racks and gear.5650lbs Heavier than I thought.

aaaaaand with a user name like yours I'd make sure I'm not standing under that lift, ever... :whistle:

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Plus, 500 lbs seems a bit low, or maybe it is just because my boat is often stuffed with all kinds of stuff. It is like estimating, figure what you think it is then double it and you are about right!

My 06 loaded for lake and 3/4 tank of fuel Weighed in right at 5,800 pounds on a Cat Certified scale. I don't think you will top 6,000 but will get close. Take the cooler and Sky Ski out and I loose probably 70 pounds right there.

Our '06 moderately loaded was just under 5900 on an Extreme trailer.

:crazy: thats a bit more than i thought, no wonder i could tell it was back there with the Saab. :rofl: Looks like i'll be borrowing the in laws truck to tow for awhile. :whistle:

Yup, that was coming back from the lake with a moderate amount of fuel & only loaded for the 4 of us. It could very easily go over 6k on that model.

Geez, makes me wonder what mines weighs in at....04 LSV with HH and Boatmate trailer

• 3 weeks later...

We have a 08 VTX with Titan Tower and a single axle boatmate trailer... does anyone have any idea what this setup weighs? I've always been curious.

sooooo, jealous. I want a lift too.