Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

basic equipment/wiring question

For all of you stereo people, this is basic stuff but it is my first time dealing with it. I need to mount a Perko switch and inverter to the stereo/accessories board that's behind the observer's seat in my 2008 RLXi. I'm looking for tips/tricks/advice for dealing with the mounting board. Do I back all of the screws out and completely remove it to access the backside of the board? Should I drill pilot holes for the mounting screws for the inverter and switch? If so, do I run the drill bit backwards to keep from pulling the carpet on the board?

For all of you stereo people, this is basic stuff but it is my first time dealing with it. I need to mount a Perko switch and inverter to the stereo/accessories board that's behind the observer's seat in my 2008 RLXi. I'm looking for tips/tricks/advice for dealing with the mounting board. Do I back all of the screws out and completely remove it to access the backside of the board? Should I drill pilot holes for the mounting screws for the inverter and switch? If so, do I run the drill bit backwards to keep from pulling the carpet on the board?

I wouldn't mount that stuff there, you don't want it anywhere near your black box and amps. They mount those on the passenger storage compartment wall on the inside of the walkthrough area at the factory. Keep the battery switch and power wires away from electronics. Use a screw with about 1/4" of bite to it for whatever your mounting and no more, you don't want to go through the wall.

Why are you wiring an inverter?

Why are you wiring an inverter?

power for the boat lift

inverter will go on opposite end of board from black box and satellite module. i have no amps, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I've figured out how to layout the inverter and Perko so that they can be mounted to the inside of the walkthrough behind the observer seat. So now my question is : when drilling the pilot hole for the screws, should I run the bit backward to keep from pulling the carpet?

OK, so I've figured out how to layout the inverter and Perko so that they can be mounted to the inside of the walkthrough behind the observer seat. So now my question is : when drilling the pilot hole for the screws, should I run the bit backward to keep from pulling the carpet?

You don't need a pilot hole, it's not fiberglass it's plastic.