Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

08' 23 LSV Wakesetter left hand side LCD controller INOP

Ok so i just noticed that the LCD display on the left hand side of my 08' BU is not working properly.

When i press the vertical button on the left, it lights up fine. when i try to press any of the buttons that display the "OFF" position? well while im pressing it it tends to go to "ON" but nothing happens and it goes right back to "OFF".

Anybody had this issue before? i just got my boat back from the dealership and i do plan on taking it back to get it ready for the summer season and ask them to look it over.

But for now i just want to know if it's an issue that anyone out there has encountered and or can fix my self.

Thanks.

"O"

Same problem on my left side Mux panel. It is just the center ballast fill/drain/off that is finicky the same way your's is. Taking it to the dealer in the spring to troubleshoot... expect it will require a new switch panel or heaven forbid a new control box... fortunately I'm still under warranty. I think these MUX panels were also being replaced under the Make it Right campaign... check with your dealer if your boat is eligible.

Edited by G-Mack

Same problem on my left side Mux panel. It is just the center ballast fill/drain/off that is finicky the same way your's is. Taking it to the dealer in the spring to troubleshoot... expect it will require a new switch panel or heaven forbid a new control box... fortunately I'm still under warranty. I think these MUX panels were also being replaced under the Make it Right campaign... check with your dealer if your boat is eligible.

Yeah i'm still under warranty as well, the weird thing was that it has always worked good until it came back from the dealership after they winterized it for me.

Also think that maybe a wire caused some sort of short or something? either way, they have been informed of it and they are gonna take a lookie at it when i take it in for service before memorial weekend.

IS this when you try to turn the stereo on? if so its your black box always happens to me, has to be reset

Looking at the steering wheel, left side of that there's an LCD remote. (no stereo controls there.)

Ok so i just noticed that the LCD display on the left hand side of my 08' BU is not working properly.

When i press the vertical button on the left, it lights up fine. when i try to press any of the buttons that display the "OFF" position? well while I'm pressing it it tends to go to "ON" but nothing happens and it goes right back to "OFF".

Anybody had this issue before? i just got my boat back from the dealership and i do plan on taking it back to get it ready for the summer season and ask them to look it over.

But for now i just want to know if it's an issue that anyone out there has encountered and or can fix my self.

Thanks.

"O"

Is your house battery charged? Just a thought if the boats been laid up all winter. Our electronics are extremely sensitive to low voltage. If you let your batteries get low you will experience weird issues with the dash and engine.

If it does it on all the accessories with a 12.4+V battery something is going on with the switch panel itself

If it is only doing it on one accessory, check the fuse in the power module under the dash, if its OK. Remove it and install the fuel in the socket adjacent to where the fuse was. This is a bypass for your mux switch so you can test something by hooking it up to direct 12V. If it doesn't work, you know you have a bad ballast pump, bilge pump, etc that is not putting any load on the accessory or has become disconnected.

Definitely covered under the 3 year warranty!

Hope this helps you out!

-Paul

Is your house battery charged? Just a thought if the boats been laid up all winter. Our electronics are extremely sensitive to low voltage. If you let your batteries get low you will experience weird issues with the dash and engine.

If it does it on all the accessories with a 12.4+V battery something is going on with the switch panel itself

If it is only doing it on one accessory, check the fuse in the power module under the dash, if its OK. Remove it and install the fuel in the socket adjacent to where the fuse was. This is a bypass for your mux switch so you can test something by hooking it up to direct 12V. If it doesn't work, you know you have a bad ballast pump, bilge pump, etc that is not putting any load on the accessory or has become disconnected.

Definitely covered under the 3 year warranty!

Hope this helps you out!

-Paul

I have a battery tender always hooked up.

it's all accessories that do not turn on.

thanks Paul.

Man, i sure hope this doesn't turn out to be a nightmare now???? :(

Edited by upinya

:(:(:(:(

I have a battery tender always hooked up.

it's all accessories that do not turn on.

thanks Paul.

Man, i sure hope this doesn't turn out to be a nightmare now???? :(

Hi there,

I can say this as I know your pain and frustration...

The "MUX" switch design is s*** !. The idea of them is fantastic but the design sux...

The rubber switch covers literally draw in moisture with every press of the button. This is what eventually renders the switch panel useless. I've replaced two and many friends have replaced them also. My last one along with my friends one was replaced outside of warranty period by Malibu.

Hi there,

I can say this as I know your pain and frustration...

The "MUX" switch design is s*** !. The idea of them is fantastic but the design sux...

The rubber switch covers literally draw in moisture with every press of the button. This is what eventually renders the switch panel useless. I've replaced two and many friends have replaced them also. My last one along with my friends one was replaced outside of warranty period by Malibu.

Damm, i hope this part is not weeks away from the dealer getting it in???? times coming up for the weekly lake trips. don't want to miss out.....

Thanks.

sometimes the MUX switches do go bad or have problems. on the back of the mux switch pannel you can unplug them while they are on and hook them back up and they will work. they just reset themselves. malibu also sent out a new programmer to each dealership to reprogram the switches. so no long wait for a new mux pad.

I was just out in my boat today - 2008 23 LSV Wakesetter and my left MUX panel is VERY intermittant today. It gets lit up - but nothing displays. Then - it gets a flickering black box in the left side of the display. If i turn off my batteries a few times - i have got it to work again. I sure hate to go out labor day weekend with it doing this - that works all my MLS, etc.

Would you all guess mine is going out too? Assuming as this is a 2008 boat it's still under warrenty? Looks like an easy replace - unless it goes deeper than just the MUX switchs??

IS this when you try to turn the stereo on? if so its your black box always happens to me, has to be reset

Are you talking the Stereo Black box? If so, or if it's something different - where is the reset?

Thanks!!

I was just out in my boat today - 2008 23 LSV Wakesetter and my left MUX panel is VERY intermittant today. It gets lit up - but nothing displays. Then - it gets a flickering black box in the left side of the display. If i turn off my batteries a few times - i have got it to work again. I sure hate to go out labor day weekend with it doing this - that works all my MLS, etc.

Would you all guess mine is going out too? Assuming as this is a 2008 boat it's still under warrenty? Looks like an easy replace - unless it goes deeper than just the MUX switchs??

I am scheduled to take it in to the malibu dealership for troubleshooting. i will first try to unplug it and plug it back in. i will let you all know the outcome.

Are you talking the Stereo Black box? If so, or if it's something different - where is the reset?

Thanks!!

The LCD display on the left hand side of the steering wheel.

sometimes the MUX switches do go bad or have problems. on the back of the mux switch pannel you can unplug them while they are on and hook them back up and they will work. they just reset themselves. malibu also sent out a new programmer to each dealership to reprogram the switches. so no long wait for a new mux pad.

Hey Omar its Perry found your post tonight. I did reset the MUX switches and reprogramed them today with our flasher/programmer and problem still occurs as you were at the shop to witness this but for the others it did not fix the problem. I will be calling Tim @ Malibu tomarrow to see what he thinks and will update you guys. Don't worry it will be fixed for Memorial day!!

Hey Omar its Perry found your post tonight. I did reset the MUX switches and reprogramed them today with our flasher/programmer and problem still occurs as you were at the shop to witness this but for the others it did not fix the problem. I will be calling Tim @ Malibu tomarrow to see what he thinks and will update you guys. Don't worry it will be fixed for Memorial day!!

Perry!

You are the best in the business! and the whole crew at the Pro Shop Rocks! i am very thankful that all of you guys there have my back and Denny and i are very Thankful at all of you guys' hard work and dedication, i fully trust your troubleshooting skills and if there is anything you guys ever need? just ask Bro. (i'm just 10 minutes away from you).

Take care of my BU while it's there at the shop and take all the time you need to get her all dialed in.

Thanks for joining TMC and i hope to see you around this these forums more often helping my fellow members as well! :welcome::thankyou:

Omar.

Edited by upinya

Ok so today we we moved one of the left side buttons (blower) to the right side and it does the same thing which tells us the module for the MUX switches is not comunicating. The stereo controls are operated through the black box not the module this is why the stereo controls still work... if you move the stereo controls to the left side it shows the MUX switch does work.

To move, or change postions of your switches you can press and hold: page and the 4th and 5th buttons at the same time this will take you to the edit mode, press yes, now you are in edit mode and can page through the options, once you find add, delete, or whatever you want to do press yes, then hold the button you are changing/adding or scroll through them until you find what you are looking for then hold it down this will change it. Once you do that hit page then no this will take you out reset the key and your done, may sound confusing but try it, it's very simple you can't hurt anything.

Ok so today we we moved one of the left side buttons (blower) to the right side and it does the same thing which tells us the module for the MUX switches is not comunicating. The stereo controls are operated through the black box not the module this is why the stereo controls still work... if you move the stereo controls to the left side it shows the MUX switch does work.

To move, or change postions of your switches you can press and hold: page and the 4th and 5th buttons at the same time this will take you to the edit mode, press yes, now you are in edit mode and can page through the options, once you find add, delete, or whatever you want to do press yes, then hold the button you are changing/adding or scroll through them until you find what you are looking for then hold it down this will change it. Once you do that hit page then no this will take you out reset the key and your done, may sound confusing but try it, it's very simple you can't hurt anything.

Makes sense, i can't wait to get the boat back so i can play with the controls a bit and check it out. Perry thanks for bringing the boat in every night to make sure its safe and sound.

Let me know if you need anything bro.

Makes sense, i can't wait to get the boat back so i can play with the controls a bit and check it out. Perry thanks for bringing the boat in every night to make sure its safe and sound.

No problem anytime for our good customers!! Thanks for caring about your boat and taking such great care of it. Its always brought to us so clean, all cushions removed, engine compartment panels and table removed, no stinky wetsuits, life jackets, moldy bilge, so on... we see it all at the shop!! Really it makes it so much easier to work on. The new module should be here Friday or Monday and you should be back on the water!

No problem anything for our great customers! Thanks for taking such great care of your boat and bringing it to us so clean, and empty makes it so much nicer to work on.

sorry computers been acting up or this website? It seems everytime I send a long response it says error but when I go back it actually posts... sorry for the shortened double post!

Print these out it will make it easier when you're in the boat messing with the switches.

mux switch edit.pdf

No problem anytime for our good customers!! Thanks for caring about your boat and taking such great care of it. Its always brought to us so clean, all cushions removed, engine compartment panels and table removed, no stinky wetsuits, life jackets, moldy bilge, so on... we see it all at the shop!! Really it makes it so much easier to work on. The new module should be here Friday or Monday and you should be back on the water!

im hoping friday better than monday but if it doesnt happen? no biggie i know the boat is in the best hands!

thanks perry