Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help moving in to your new boat

cmcgee82

Ok guys,

Here's my "Pistol Pete" list.

You gotta realize three things...

1) I have to drive a min. of 2 hrs. (one way) just to get to my closest lake. Usually, I drive 4 hrs. to my most popular lake. Once in awhile I'll drive 6 hrs. to get to my favorite lake. So, if anything goes wrong or, I forget something, there's no going back. And, usually I'm camping for 2 nights.

2) A lot of the lingo on the list you won't understand because it's proprietary or specific to me.

3) I have 3 large rolling plastic containers in my garage that have all the "necessary" stuff like, anchor, ropes, bumpers, spare prop, towels and cleaners. This list is just the "loose" stuff I have to gather up. Feel free to edit it to your needs and keep it.

You have "Beer" on the list?...what are the chances that you would actually forget the Beer/ ;)

You have "Beer" on the list?...what are the chances that you would actually forget the Beer/ ;)

Why leave anything to chance? Actually I have to estimate just how much beer I'm gonna need. :rockon:

Why leave anything to chance? Actually I have to estimate just how much beer I'm gonna need. :rockon:

I guess that with enough beer you may not even notice you forgot the boat keys. :beer:

I'm sure part of it is just the satisfaction of checking off of the list!

Hey Pete, I saw tube on that list, but not Mt. Bike :dontknow:

Edited by MalibuTime

iPOD, beer, and women...and some food. Everything else is secondary! :innocent:

Most accurate list yet, as long as by food you mean fried chicken and cheddar gold fish crackers - best boat food by far.

on the boat:

-extra hats and and sunglasses - someone always looses theirs in the water

-Small toolkit (pliers, couple of screw drivers)

-pocket knife/scissors

-couple of extra trash bags

-advil, tylonol and sunscreen

Remember, your only on the water for 8-12 hours so if you forget something who cares? your out on the lake with your friends and family doing something you love (unless you forget the music, ropes, gas and other necessities)

Edited by malibanker

I guess that with enough beer you may not even notice you forgot the boat keys. :beer:

Got a spare set of boat and truck keys hidden in the boat. Only had to use the spare boat keys once. :tomato:

I'm sure part of it is just the satisfaction of checking off of the list!

Hey Pete, I saw tube on that list, but not Mt. Bike :dontknow:

The tube is only if I'm gonna have kids or people who don't know how (or can't learn) how to wakeboard.

I sold my Mt. bike after I got a citation for being on an (unknown to me) closed trail. I would have had to go in front of a judge for it and it would have affected my driver's license but, I talked the ranger down. I also don't like having to worry about speed traps on the Mt. bike trails. Now, the only bikes I ride have a throttle.

I can understand not wanting to forget beer (not that one would), but what I'm wondering is where he's camping that "mace" needs to be an essential element on the list!?!

One of the lakes I go to is known for bears. If my girlfriend can't fend them off then, I'm gonna need to do something (last time I just pulled the sleeping bag up over my head). Also, there's always a chance of some rowdiness in the campgrounds at night so, it's "just in case".

Edited by Pistol Pete

Got a spare set of boat and truck keys hidden in the boat. Only had to use the spare boat keys once. Tomato.gif

The tube is only if I'm gonna have kids or people who don't know how (or can't learn) how to wakeboard.

I sold my Mt. bike after I got a citation for being on an (unknown to me) closed trail. I would have had to go in front of a judge for it and it would have affected my driver's license but, I talked the ranger down. I also don't like having to worry about speed traps on the Mt. bike trails. Now, the only bikes I ride have a throttle.

One of the lakes I go to is known for bears. If my girlfriend can't fend them off then, I'm gonna need to do something (last time I just pulled the sleeping bag up over my head). Also, there's always a chance of some rowdiness in the campgrounds at night so, it's "just in case".

Speed traps on Mt bike trails??? your kidding me right?

He11 no.

Hopefully Malibudude or Albino Rhino will chime in here.

CA. is well known for park rangers sitting in bushes with radar guns and issuing tickets to anyone going over the trail speed limit. I can't remember what the limit is, something similar to a fast run like 15 mph.

He11 no.

CA. is well known for park rangers sitting in bushes with radar guns and issuing tickets to anyone going over the trail speed limit. I can't remember what the limit is, something similar to a fast run like 15 mph.

That is absolutly the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Speed limits on a bike trail, park rangers in bushes with radar guns. Don't they have a doughnut shop to protect?

You guys definitely deal with some different things in Cali than the rest of the world. I couldn't believe it, needle drops in the bathrooms, kids dealin crack or smack or whatever in the campsites, etc.

We have bears, wolves, coyotes, moose, etc. around here. And occasionally they come into camp & stir things up. I can see some people might bring mace or pepper spray thinking it might be "safer" than carrying a gun (which most people around here do). But if I were a bear, mopin around, lookin for a snack, and some b1tch maced me, I'd be a little p1ssed off. :rant:

We have bears, wolves, coyotes, moose, etc. around here. And occasionally they come into camp & stir things up. I can see some people might bring mace or pepper spray thinking it might be "safer" than carrying a gun (which most people around here do).

I've brought the heat with me once or twice but, it's more trouble than it's worth. I have to leave it locked up in the truck in the ramp parking lot all day where there's a decent chance of the truck being broken into. Also, I'm pretty sure it's very illegal to have a firearm in any of these parks. Lastly, it's not the bear, or coyote, or wolve's fault that you wanna be in their territory. I see no reason to kill something just because it's going through your cooler, you should have taken care of that in the first place. (when I say you, I don't mean you, Bill, I mean it in general)

In fact, the night we had a bear in our site, after it left I was kicking myself for us not storing our food properly. The funny thing is, half an hour later, after I thought I put the food away better, the bear came back for seconds.

He11 no.

Any trail that is posted as hiking/equestrian only a ticket can be handed out anywhere. The trails that I frequent aren’t near major metropolitan areas and therefore no enforcement to speak of other than the equestrian volunteer group only on one trail, which might I add thinks all the trails are theirs and are corrected whether they like it or not.

They do use radar in Santa Clara County and perhaps elsewhere in the bay area. In fact here are some minutes from Open Space.org for the midpen area. This isn’t the norm I CA so while it’s shocking it certainly isn’t used anywhere outside the bay area that I’ve ever heard nor witnessed and I’ve ridden countless different trails. These trails are much more impacted do to the urban growth and the limited open space and combined with the whining people that are all too typical in the bay area. Thus many suffer because these people can only think about themselves….