Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Getting closer to the season

obski

We got a chance to finally take advantage of the sun and warmer weather we have been having and got out on Saturday. It is a good thing we got it in when we did as the rain is back again. The water temp was 53F and air 57F with the sun out and no wind. We are still wearing drysuits as we are all wimps.

We got to keep one of our crew's goal intact of skiing every month this year. It is on her bucket list to get done before she turns 40, which is rapidly approaching.

There was absolute glass and the only other boat we saw while we were out was a little fishing boat. I think others noticed the nice weather though as there were about 4 or 5 other boats putting in just as we were leaving. Still not crowded by any means, but the glass will be gone.

Saturday was a good day with boating and having my NCAA tourney teams all winning. Sunday not so much as the rain returned, my tourney teams lost and the Blazers collapsed in the 4th quarter.

We got a chance to finally take advantage of the sun and warmer weather we have been having and got out on Saturday. It is a good thing we got it in when we did as the rain is back again. The water temp was 53F and air 57F with the sun out and no wind. We are still wearing drysuits as we are all wimps.

We got to keep one of our crew's goal intact of skiing every month this year. It is on her bucket list to get done before she turns 40, which is rapidly approaching.

There was absolute glass and the only other boat we saw while we were out was a little fishing boat. I think others noticed the nice weather though as there were about 4 or 5 other boats putting in just as we were leaving. Still not crowded by any means, but the glass will be gone.

Saturday was a good day with boating and having my NCAA tourney teams all winning. Sunday not so much as the rain returned, my tourney teams lost and the Blazers collapsed in the 4th quarter.

Thats awesome that you got out Saturday. It was a great day. My boat is at the shop right now, I changed all the fluids, am fixing center ballast and detailing the inside and outside. I already fixed the little BOO BOO we acquired last summer as well. My boat is a just a few hours away from being ready :clap:

Thats awesome that you got out Saturday. It was a great day. My boat is at the shop right now, I changed all the fluids, am fixing center ballast and detailing the inside and outside. I already fixed the little BOO BOO we acquired last summer as well. My boat is a just a few hours away from being ready :clap:

Glad to hear that you are got the fiberglass repaired. That was a nasty little 'boo boo'. Get the boat done and get out there with the family.

We'll have to get you out again too.

Glad you got out, were you at Charbonneau, I love that stretch? (We made it out Saturday as well, nice glassy water for the most part, but I think this whole "having the lake to ourself all winter" thing is done for. By the time we were done there were 3-4 other ski boats zipping around including a nice SSLxi, not to mention our friends the fishermen. Knew it couldn't last forever but what a great off season! Bummer, found out one of my ski buddy is minus one ACL, out until November. Will be shopping for a 3rd a bit more this summer...taking applications... :-)

Glad you got out, were you at Charbonneau, I love that stretch? (We made it out Saturday as well, nice glassy water for the most part, but I think this whole "having the lake to ourself all winter" thing is done for. By the time we were done there were 3-4 other ski boats zipping around including a nice SSLxi, not to mention our friends the fishermen. Knew it couldn't last forever but what a great off season! Bummer, found out one of my ski buddy is minus one ACL, out until November. Will be shopping for a 3rd a bit more this summer...taking applications... :-)

Yeah, Charbonneau to Hebb Park.

I would send in my application, but It's a bit too far away.

We did the same thing on Sunday, cleaned her inside and out, good wax. I'll be changing all the fluids this coming sat. and we should be ready to go!

We had 6" of snow Saturday and Sunday....Normally would have been out already. Not a good weekend in OK. Did catch up on my sleep though.

Got the Sunsetter out last thursday on Skiatook before the snow. The only other non-fishing boat was another malibu pulling a wakeboarder. upper 60s to 70 on saturday. Hope to get the board wet.

Got the Sunsetter out last thursday on Skiatook before the snow. The only other non-fishing boat was another malibu pulling a wakeboarder. upper 60s to 70 on saturday. Hope to get the board wet.

That is some crazy weather going from snowstorm right into 70. Sounds a lot like what happens in Oregon.

I put my docks in today and hoping to drop the lift in tomorrow.

It's been unseasonably warm in Mi. but did go down to 18 deg. last night and will drop into low 20's tonight but it is looking OK after tonight.

If we have time after some docks and lifts tomorrow I may try to get a ski. If not next week for sure. :yahoo:

Finally had a day here in GA where the air temp was at least 70 and no rain. Been a strange winter. Got out Wednesday and saw 3 other Malibus out as well. Water temp was 54 degrees. Made me appreciate the closed toe bindings!