Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 RLXI Throttle control

LXI Silver

I have a 07 rlxi silver edition and I have been really happy with the boat. I have it headed to the shop to have the throttle looked at as I am experiencing throttle drop when decelerating from about 31 mph, it immediately drops to 27 mph then decelerates normally from there.

I have never been a fan of the black plastic morse throttle arm. They spent a lot time designing the cool chrome accents for the boat and then they stuck a plastic throttle arm on it.

I notice the later 08 and 09 have a chrome throttle arm with a push button release on the top that looks good.

Anyone know if you can upgrade the throttle arm and cover plate to chrome or replace it with a newer one? I believe they are all TBW now.

I would think you can. Mine has the crome version but for some reason the boat came with both manuals.

Wait, now that I think about it you may not be able to swap them because my boat is a Drive by Wire and Transmission control by wire. I was thinking that 08 was the first year for this. I know they had a major recal on the 08s and I think it had to do with the transmision control.

No, Starting in 08 Malibu went fully electonic. So both the throttle and transmisson were conrtrolled electronically.

I dont know what the 2010 models look like, but I dont think they are Shift by wire anymore.

• 5 months later...

Got a tech to hook the computer up to it and ran it. Definite a problem with the throttle arm itself. We are replacing the throttle arm. A little disappointing to have to replace the throttle arm in a two year old boat. I am suprised others with a 2007 have not experienced this problem. They don't even make the throttle arm I have anymore. What does that tell you.

Got a tech to hook the computer up to it and ran it. Definite a problem with the throttle arm itself. We are replacing the throttle arm. A little disappointing to have to replace the throttle arm in a two year old boat. I am suprised others with a 2007 have not experienced this problem. They don't even make the throttle arm I have anymore. What does that tell you.

so what did they replace it with? I have the same boat and am experiencing some similar issues. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

so what did they replace it with? I have the same boat and am experiencing some similar issues. thanks

He is still researching it. Haven't found a replacement yet.